1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Buying (or printing?) a replacement for the piece that holds the filament against the hobbed bolt

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jonathan Rupp, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jonathan Rupp

Jonathan Rupp New Member

I'm not quite sure what to call the part, but it's the plastic piece that pivots at the bottom, has the metal wheel that presses the filament into the hobbed bolt, and has the two spring-ed screws that keep pressure there. I'll call it part X.

While swapping filament this evening, I pushed too hard on the plastic tab at the top of part X and snapped it off. There's still enough of the part left for the screws to catch on and provide pressure, but I'd like to get it replaced before it causes me issues - the problem is, I have no idea what to call the part, so I can't search for a replacement or a printable model :( Anyone know what that's called, or where I can get one for a Robo 3D R1?

Picture (from the back of the printer) attached - sorry in advance for the bad light :(
    SomethingMissing.jpg

2. LumpyDVC

LumpyDVC New Member

Filament Tensioner. Glue it back together and print a replacement or better yet print and
    replace with the Quick-Change Filament mod from Thingiverse.

Quick Change - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:889541

3. Jonathan Rupp

Jonathan Rupp New Member

Wow, this looks so much easier than the original way. Now to see if I can get the glued-together one to hold together long enough to get a clean print of this :)

Thanks @LumpyDVC !