1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

ROB

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Jaystephens3D, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Jaystephens3D

Jaystephens3D Member

I figured I would post a update to some of the things I have done to the printer.

1. 24/12v to 5v switch so that I have a 5v source off of the power supply I also flipped the power supply over to keep filament from falling into it.
    2. added a second layer fan and upgraded the noisy stock fan to a 30mm
    3. Pico hotend
    4. Raspberry Pi running AstroPrint for wireless printing, all tucked away in the case. I moved the boards over a few inches so that I could just plug in the usb internally and not have to do any soldering.
    5. Because I moved the boards over I got rid of the stock fan and upgraded to 70mm fan, I mounted it outside of the case to keep the already cramped space a little more open.
    6. Cable chain and It gets its name from the XXL LCD controller covering up the logo.

Attached Files:

#1 Jaystephens3D, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I like it, and its different from everyone else's.

I hadn't even heard of AstroPrint how does it differ from OctoPrint?

3. Jaystephens3D

Jaystephens3D Member

I forgot to mention if anyone needs any links to the prints I used or wants instructions for anything I did I am more then happy to help.

And thanks KTM!!

AstroPrint and OctoPrint are really similar, I have tried both side by side and have found that I really like AstroPrints interface as well as the fact I can monitor/control( watch, pause, and cancel prints ) my prints on the go with out having to hack my network.

https://www.astroprint.com/downloads

#3 Jaystephens3D, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  4. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

I like the 5 volt addition. Is that what the heat sink is in the picture? What part did you use?

Thanks!
    Todd

5. Jaystephens3D

Jaystephens3D Member