1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered How can I tell what version of FW I have?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Robert Foreman, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Robert Foreman

I just got my Robo 32 R1+. When I watch the terminal it says I have "Marlin 1.0.0. Is that correct? I don't know if I should update it since it says not to update on the FW page. I got this printer last week. I just installed the XXL screen and it worked right out of the box. I did not need to go into the configuration.h file to enable it.

Thanks.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You really can't without source. But for your edification, all Robo firmwares, regardless of Robo's version number are based on Marlin 1.0.0.

Marlin enables the XXL by default, that is why you did not need to modify anything.

Firmware upgrading should only be done to solve specific issues and not just because there is something new. But if you want to try something new, then there is the thread containing Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 that has been pre-configured to work with the various flavors of the Robo3D-R1.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, sub-versioning of the firmware was not an action item for Robo.

This. 1000 times this.

If you need to change something, specific, then go for it. Otherwise don't mess with it.

4. Robert Foreman

Ok thanks. I was just wandering. I know all of the howto videos on installing the XXL screen showed going into the configuration.h file and doing something to make it work.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The Firmware version for stock firmwars is indicated by the "Machine name" ie what shows up on the XXL or what MC says.

6. Robert Foreman

The XXL Screen says "ROBOR1PLUSV1"

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Then you have the latest version of Robo's firmware

8. Robert Foreman

Cool thanks. I should get my E3D V6 sometime later this week. I have already had to do the PTFE mod so the PETG filament would quit jamming.