1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered The block on my hot end is moving just a bit

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nathan Simers, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

The block part is moving and its tight so only a little bit but i can turn it with my fingers how do you tighten the block part? Do i have to take it all apart? I hope i can just tighten something to make it stay in place doesnt seem like i should have to take it all apart but what do you all think?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Pictures of what you are talking about would help.
    Once you get familiar with the 3D printer terminology we can more easily nail down from a written description what is going on.

3. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

the aluminum block the nozzle is screwed to

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The heater block.
    So the heater block turns?

The heater block has the heat break threaded into it and the heat break then threads into the heat sink as well.

This is E3D specific, but applies in general to any 3-part assembled hotend:

http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D-v6_Documentation

So if the heater block is loose then either the heat break is not fully threaded into it or the heak break is not fully threaded into the heat sink (is the heat break turning as well?).

You need to be really careful when you tighten this up since the heat break is very small and can easily be damaged if you over tighten things.