1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered xxl controller

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nathan Simers, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

So i got my e3d hotend and xxl controller bundle from solid print. I hooked up the controller but the settings for the z axis is wrong and i played a little with it tried resting the option but still z axis is hitting the bed. I ended up taking it off and setting the original way up. Is there something that shows how the settings should be? The hotend im going to try and find some help with i am one to brake hardware, so not even going to try until i feel more then confident.

2. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

I assume z axis your referring to the z offset and its so low its rubbing on bed. If that is the case the XXL controller should not effect that. make sure your firmware is up to date. Your z offset should be set in your slicer and when you put your SD care in it will print with those settings. My Z offset is .75 on all 14 of my printers and seems to work well for all materials I print. Please let me know if I am not understanding your issue.

3. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

So is the controller getting all its setting from the program or is the controller have a pre set settings on it? I ran a print that didnt work with the controller but as soon as i put the computer back and ran the same print it worked fine.

4. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

The controller is just an interface with the Ardueno which is the brains of the printer.