1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered No Fan Output on R1+ After RAMPS replacement

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sekwel, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Sekwel

Sekwel New Member

I've recently received a replacement RAMPS shield for my R1+ after connector issues caused me to have to swap it out. Things have been going well enough for a few days, but I am now experiencing a strange problem.

None of the fans (except the PSU's fan, of course) seem to want to work anymore. I have read the output the pins -- particularly the ones that are supposed to be always on -- and can detect no voltage from the headers. I have tested the fans themselves and the wires I am using to rest each header, and everything except for that seems to be okay.

As such, I suspect the RAMPS board, but I am not certain. Can anyone provide any confirmation/suggestions for what I might do short of a replacement? I already have a support ticket in, but as I've just had the thing replaced it would be cool if I could avoid it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you make sure the jumpers were all in place and matched the one you swapped out?

3. Sekwel

Sekwel New Member

As far as I can tell, everything was properly in place when I wrote my post; the fans had all been working well for a few hours before the problem occurred. And otherwise, the board functions. The only thing significantly in my way is the lack of a cooling fan for the hot-end. I can't print in PLA without clogging, as might be expected.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The parts cooling fan or the hotend fan?

5. Sekwel

Sekwel New Member

The latter.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Did you try flipping the connector 180 to see if it's just plugged in backwards?
    What's the voltage output of the pin you're on?
    What about the resistance across the fan?
    Do any of the motors move?
    What about heat? Nozzle/bed