1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Filament Stuck in Print Head... Need Help Removing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jamorosino, Mar 1, 2016.

1. jamorosino

jamorosino New Member

Hello all,

I just received my printer yesterday and have been working on setting up since. I had an issue with the leveling of one of the axis. After identifying the problem (something came loose, most likely during shipping) I took the top off and tightened it. Upon removing the top I attempted to remove the filament that was currently inserted and after following the filament removal instructions, I had no luck. I have since followed instructions to remove the print head from the printer itself. I have tried heating it up to 260 degrees celsius and pulling on the filament but it didn't help. I then removed the small brass screw on top of the print head where the filament goes through, tried a few things and still nothing budged.

I was hoping someone could help me figure this out. Disappointing to resolve one problem and then be faced with another right away. Would love to get something printing tonight...

Thanks for any and all help!

IMG_0567.JPG

2. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Have you tried heating it to around 150 and pull slowly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If all else fails, remove the brass nozzle.
    It is a straight shot through the hotend then so you can easily clear obstructions.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Heat it up and pull out with tweezers. Just be careful not to let the heatsink get too hot.

Otherwise remove the nozzle with it heated, should pull out with it

mark tomlinson likes this.