1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

MatterControl 1.5 not auto level

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by romero3d, Mar 1, 2016.

1. romero3d

romero3d New Member

I just install the matter control 1.5 and it didn't auto level. Its that normal or something wrong?

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

The gcode should have a G29 near the beginning. Can you confirm your start code has that?

3. romero3d

romero3d New Member

Yes, it has that. did you try the 1.5?

4. danzca6

I don't use MC. I moved to Cura shortly after getting the printer. I will download it though and see if it does the same for me.

5. danzca6

Ok, I installed 1.5. They have changed it a lot since I last used it. Ok. So I did the start of printing the whistle that comes with the software after verifying they still did the G29. Worked just fine. It did z home twice, but looking at the start code, that looked like it was as designed. Did you do anything other than just upgrade to 1.5? No firmware changes or anything?

6. romero3d

romero3d New Member

Thanks for checking, I think I have problems with the firmware. I re-installed the 1.4 since I had to print something and then I will play with that and see what happens.

7. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

Did you ADD PRINTER again when you installed 1.5? If you upgraded directly from 1.4 it will save your settings... but if you uninstalled 1.4 and fresh installed 1.5 you may have lost the ROBO settings. G29 works correctly for me in 1.5, although Simpify3D is what I normally use.

1.5 has come a long way. MatterControl is growing up... good features and settings in there that weren't in the original ROBO release.

Shigemal likes this.