1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Temp Fall Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sumit Basra, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Sumit Basra

Sumit Basra New Member

I'm using Cura 15.04.4 with my Robo 3D R1. I was having temp fall errors, so I reset my Cura settings and used the stock profile for the Robo 3D. That fixed the problem with the temp fall. However, when I try to adjust the z offset in the start code, I get the temp fall error again. It prints perfectly fine with the stock 1 mm offset, bu that is too close to the bed. I need to change the offset, but that results in a temp fall error. How would I fix this problem?

2. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

I don't think the error is caused by your Cura settings at all. Check to make sure the thermistor and heater connections are good, and then make sure they are not loose in the block. Make sure your parts cooling fan is not blowing directly on the nozzle.

I had a similar error (thermal runaway) that was caused by improper firmware settings after I loaded new firmware. But in your case, I would look at physical things first.

I would also recommend tuning your PID settings as well. Search for "autotune PID" for instructions how.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. cdsl810

cdsl810 Member

There is also a chance that you have a bad heater or funky thermistor.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

@cdsl810 is 100% correct that this is NOT a software issue directly.
    The thermistor temperature is changing too much, too quickly (specifically going DOWN in temp) so the printer firmware kills the job.

Depending on the hotend having too much parts cooling fan blowing on the hotend (rather than the printed part) can help cause this.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What does the temp graph look like?

6. Sumit Basra

Sumit Basra New Member

I looked up instructions on how to autotune the PID and that seems to have fixed the problem for now.

cdsl810 and mark tomlinson like this.