1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extrusion problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Pangdwang64, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Pangdwang64

Pangdwang64 New Member

During prints the robo 3d will not extrude any filament, but if I just preheat it and turn the gear manually it extrudes just fine. Any idea why this might be happening?

2. MChrisP1

MChrisP1 Member

Have you have double checked all electrical connections? I had to reseat a 2 of my connections out of the box when I did a walk through inspection. I also had to re route a stepper motor wire the factory had rubbing against a lead screw.

Great printer thus far, but I have noticed some sloppiness in the assembly and issues in their documentation too.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Pangdwang64

Pangdwang64 New Member

I have checked all connections already. The gears are spinning while it is "printing", it just isn't extruding. If I spin the gears manually it works, but when I start a print the gears spin and nothing extrudes

4. Hp0106

Hp0106 Member

Sounds like an issue with the z offset. In your case you want a larger negative number to get more space between the nozzle and the build plate so it can extrude properly. Make sure to write down your old z offset in case it doesn't work and you'll have a number to revert to.

5. Trama

Trama Member

I have had that happen a few times. It seems like a communication glitch when your printing over usb and the bandwidth is being bogged down by the computer. I have even had some bad models to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. StrongFX

StrongFX New Member

mine does this as well! Tech support wasn't very helpful either -_-

Kort Jurgensmeyer likes this.
  7. Bil Forshey

Bil Forshey Member

Check to see if your extruder temperature is set properly in the filament settings of your slicer too low of a temperature will cause the filament not to extrude, but the extrude gearr will still turn during the print.

Hope this helps let me know if it doesn't.

8. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Pangdwang64 are you only referring to the very first layer not extruding? are you experiencing a clicking sound with no filament coming out? Those could be symptoms of the nozzle just being too close to the glass bed. It would also likely become worse at smaller layer heights, example it might extrude some at a layer of 0.25 mm and non at 0.10 mm.