1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Number 2

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Nathan Simers, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

So i just made a deal for a XYZ Da Vinci 1.0 PRO 3D Printer for 350 with a spool of wood fill and 1 abs 1 pla. What do other people have for a second? I am going to start really putting stuff out there once i have them both set up and also i still have all the parts to a two up so i will be making a custom printer out of that soon also. MayFire Design will be up and fully running soon.

2. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

A delta printer is a good 2nd choice since it is a different kind of tool in that its great for tall narrow parts. You can not print flex material in a delta though since it is a bowden.

3. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

The Rostock Max v2 is supposedly the bees' knees.

That or save up and get the BigBox by E3D.

robert sanchez likes this.
  4. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

5. daniel871

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I have the r1+, a tinkerine ditto pro and working on making a baby printer (super small 4x4 build plate)

7. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

so i like the davinci but the software sucks it makes you use there slicer and its horrible but besides that it was real easy and quick. This will be what i use for my kids to play with more then my robo.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I've heard from a coworker that's has a davinci that it's not real great. No first hand experience with it.

9. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I have a da Vinci 1.1 plus, It's my ABS go to printer and my printer prints extremely well once leveled. I had some bridging that I thought would never work but it did. Would I recommend it.... depends.... for a newbie just starting out yes. It's what I started with.

Now I also have a Robo R1 and god knows why a Wanhao Dup 4s that is like the car in the garage always working on it and hardly riding around.

10. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

Im finding it has it issues but its been easy to use and mess with. I got a clog last night but it was pretty easy getting the extruder apart to clean it out. I hate the software and not sure the status on the pro using other software yet. The prints i will say have been coming out great once i got the settings going so over all i think its a great starter printer.

11. Cuda70

Cuda70 New Member

I have a Wanhao Duplicator I3V2 Good printer with good print quality

12. digitalsolo

digitalsolo New Member

I'm in the process of building an aluminum extrusion Ultimaker 2 clone to go with my Robo. Been going well, though I had a clog in the Robo yesterday and it's been a royal pain to get it behaving again since then. It's chi appears to be off.

13. daniel871

I'll throw another vote in for this one, my clone of this printer by Monoprice is currently outperforming both of the Robo3D printers I have (though that's easy to do when both of them are dead in the water, I guess).

14. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

Not always true. Ultibots has a version with a PG35 direct drive and has successfully demonstrated printing flexible filaments. Mutley 3D has a shaft drive system Flex3Drive that can be adapted to Deltas.

15. Robert Foreman

My other printer is the FlashForge Creator Pro.