1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved xxl controller z offset

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nathan Simers, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

so i hooked up my controller again and it ran a print but my z is just a little high does anyone know what to change on the controller to fix this? I go to the z offset it set to 0 but if i click it it goes to 50.00 and will only go up is this what needs to get changed? Also it ran the print but the control said the z something was getting hit but it still ran. Ill take a pic of it tonight for better clarity but if anyone can help.

2. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

so what im thinking is the offset is in the software. I had used cura to save the file to sd on a laptop so im guessing if i do the same with matter control that i have been using the setting will be fine. Ill try tonight but any info would help

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the generated GCode.

I depend on the software (Simpify3D in my case) generating the offset and including it in the startup GCode sequence.
    I then tune that (the offset) for whatever works.

4. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

got it all set up and working great

5. Nathan Simers

Nathan Simers Member

one more thing if anyone sees this my screen still says z stops are being hit but it still prints fine any clue about that?

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Marlin is stupid about messages in the status line, they do not time out or disappear until explicitly written over.