1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Bed Center

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by garyspring, Mar 15, 2016.

1. garyspring

garyspring New Member

I'm using MatterControl and prints aren't really centered. I'm guessing maybe the coordinates for the bed center are wrong but i don't understand where the numbers are being taken from. What do you guys have set as the center of the bed?

2. garyspring

garyspring New Member

After updating to MatterControl 1.5 it seems a little better and iw as having problems moving the part around the bed for some reason. I was able to put it towards the edge closer towards the heated bed now.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't forget that center is not centered on the r1 logo, idk why they didn't just center their logo but that's how it is lol

WheresWaldo likes this.
  4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Please ignore the markings on the bed, or even any representation in MC. The printer and MatterControl look for an find the front left corner and use it as 0,0 so it will print where it needs to print not where the paint markings or you think they should print.

5. garyspring

garyspring New Member

Ok yeah that makes sense. I guess it's something that i'll have to deal with. And like Geof said, they should have just centered the logo i guess. Thanks for the help guys.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I forget the logo is there most days, you get use to it :) I thought the same thing on mine when I got it and asked the same question lol

7. Srmofo

Srmofo New Member

When running the auto level 9 point touch off my last 3 touches are about 1" - 1.5" outside the box. Is this also considered "normal" operation?

The heated portion appears to be aligned with the printed box on top.

8. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The heated portion only covers approximately 67% of the actual build area. The 9 points do not extend all to way to any edge.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Very normal. And just in case to switch slicers (I see cura and s3d) it probes in the middle and then the 9 points

10. garyspring

garyspring New Member

Well i've tried using Cura and a few others but i always end up going back to MC... I'm either doing something wrong with the settings on Cura or i just personally don't like it. Everytime i try Cura, and ive tried it about 5 times now because everyone says it's better, it either gives me shitty quality, bad prints, or it just takes forever for it to actually start printing... So i always end up going back to MC to play it safe whenever i need a job done ASAP.

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't like cura as well and started to hate matter control so bought s3d lol