1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered What upgrades can i do that will not void my warranty?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rroscher, Mar 26, 2016.

1. rroscher

rroscher New Member

I purchased my Robo 3d r1 in February, i am wanting to add a display to it, Can i do this with out voiding my warranty?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I have one and hasn't been an issue so far. @Harry maybe can confirm if he sees this. If not just shoot them an email :)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I can't see that being a major issue, but touch base with them directly via the contact section of their website.

http://robo3d.com/contact-us/

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

You should be fine. There are definitely printer companies that will decline warranty issue for any little tweak, but Robo is not one of them. I'd consider Robo to be one of the good guys in this aspect.

AFAIK, they've intentionally left things setup in the firmware and the new board so that the XXL remains plug and play.

I've had people tell me that Robo support specifically suggested that they order the XXL from us. I also know customers have had warranty issues taken care of when support knew that they had it installed. I've also seen Braydon and Jerry (CEO and tech support lead at Robo) comment to customers on the facebook page that it would be OK to contact support for issues they were having with certain upgrades or non-mattercontrol slicer issues.

KTMDirtFace and Geof like this.
  5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

As long as you're careful and don't fry any electronics your warranty should stay in tact. Just know your limits and don't exceed them without help