1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Marlin Firmware Upgrade 1.1.0 RC8 & RCBugFix (For R1 & R1+PLUS)

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by WheresWaldo, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stahlee

stahlee New Member

Waldo, I'll install the latest next week. I'll be out of town for the next 7 days.

2. John Edwards

John Edwards New Member

The mesh leveling in 1.1.0RC4 with the changes above is dragging my nozzle between set points. Is this because I have something set up wrong or is that what the mesh leveling does?

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

This is what Mesh leveling does. It lowers the probe to the Z axis endstop while moving to the next point. That can cause it to scrape the bed at every probe location. It is the direct result of the design of Robo's endstop switch location. Thankfully you only need to do this once.

John Edwards likes this.
  4. John Edwards

John Edwards New Member

Thanks. Sounds like an RFE for the Marlin team then. Maybe I'll poke in the code myself. Although since they're looking at going to automating this it may be wasted effort. And as you say, not a common operation.

Also, thanks for the config files. Seems to all be working well. A little bit of re-dialing in first level settings, extrusion settings etc.

5. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

For the first time i decided to try mesh leveling with RC4 but running into a issue. When i hit level bed on the LCD it starts homing the x axis then the LCD goes crazy with pixels and gibberish and stops. Anyone know what could cause this ? I am using the xxl LCD btw

Edit: Seems RC4 with autolevel is not working either. It wont even let me upload the firmware .arduino IDE is giving me a error because of the line below in sanitycheck.h

#error For AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE define one kind of probe! {Servo | Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY | Z_PROBE_SLED | FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE]

#245 WADZOQUADZ, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@WADZOQUADZ I am seeing that also, I have a bit of experimenting to do , but haven't had time. I think you need to enable another line in Configuration.h. As of this morning, there have been 31 commits to RCBugFix past the RC4 at least one of them is to MESH leveling, so there may be some bugs. In the mean time try enabling the following line:
    Code:
    #define ULTRA_LCD  // general LCD support, also 16x2

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@WADZOQUADZ The line above doesn't fix the screen garbage, I will post it as a bug.

WADZOQUADZ likes this.
  8. TstarkEngineering

TstarkEngineering Active Member

Im getting

"

SanityCheck.h:171: error: #error For AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE define one kind of probe! {Servo | Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY | Z_PROBE_SLED | FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE]

#error For AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE define one kind of probe! {Servo | Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY | Z_PROBE_SLED | FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE]

^

SanityCheck.h:175: error: #error For Z_SAFE_HOMING define one kind of probe! {Servo | Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY | Z_PROBE_SLED | FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE]

#error For Z_SAFE_HOMING define one kind of probe! {Servo | Z_PROBE_ALLEN_KEY | Z_PROBE_SLED | FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE]

^

C

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.

9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Seems they added that feature between RC3 and RC4 and I missed it. I mentioned that RC's are not for introduction of new features but to fix feature code that is already frozen.

FIXED, redownload files.

10. TstarkEngineering

I'll try it in a few. Thank you kind sir

11. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

I went back to RC3 for now until they get it sorted as im getting the same cant upload error in sanitycheck.h . My guess is it has to do with the new features added for probing in the config.h . Havent had much time to play around with them . I did notice one line that stands out to me which says something like "define one kind of probe!"

Edit: just saw your post . Thanks. What was the actual problem ?

12. TstarkEngineering

Now Im getting

"
    #include <U8glib.h> // library for graphics LCD by Oli Kraus (https://code.google.com/p/u8glib/)

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Error compiling.

13. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

Do you have the uglib library file in your arduino library .

14. TstarkEngineering

got it, well it compiled

#254 TstarkEngineering, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  15. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I have nothing to do with the Uglib8 library, it is an add-on for the Arduino IDE not necessary for Marlin if you have the 2004 or XXL LCD or no LCD at all, only necessary for the Full Graphics LCD.

16. TstarkEngineering

I fixed it. Thank you Waldo

17. TstarkEngineering

Trying to calculate my esteps...seems like no matter what I do it doesnt adjust the esteps...any ideas?
    Im clearly doing something wrong as no matter what value is in there when I write it, nothing changes.

#257 TstarkEngineering, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  18. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Make sure that every time you want to reset something on Marlin that you erase all settings stored in EEPROM. You do that by issuing the following two commands in a terminal window
    Code:
    M502
    M500
    The first command reads all the defaults from the firmware and the second stores them in EEPROM

mark tomlinson likes this.
  19. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Please stop using RC4 immediately and wait for RC5

A very big bug was found today in RC4 that can actually prevent printing from ever starting and leaves your bed heater running indefinitely. If your Gcode includes heating the bed and waiting for it to reach temperature before moving on (using the M190 command), the bed temperature will never match and it will not move to the next instruction in your gcode. The M140 heat bed command is not affected and works as expected. RC5 is expected soon and corrects this bug.

20. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This is really important folks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.