1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Remote power control

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Philippe, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Philippe

Philippe New Member

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but I wanted to control my r1+ power remotely by turning the power off when a print is complete. I'm pretty new to all of this and have no experience in using the arduino boards and rasberry pi's to do things. So I hooked up a spare leviton appliance module that is WiFi connected to my wink hub and Amazon echo and plugged the r1+ into that. Now I can control the power remotely. What I would like to do is make an ifttt recipe so that when a print is complete mattercontrol will send me an email and that will trigger the module to turn off. Does anyone have a relatively simple idea for how to make this happen? Thanks ahead of time.

2. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I remember fiddling around in either Matter Control or Cura and it had the notification option that would email an email address. I guess if you create a recipe that said when email with such subject line comes in, send command for Alexa to turn off...the only thing there is that you will have to stay tethered when printing. As I like to print from SD, less issues during a long print job than USB (zero v. 2, now) and computer issues (sleep, updates, BSOD, etc.)

For me, I use a slightly less tech solution. I call my daughter and tell her to shut the Robo down when it is no longer moving...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Philippe

Philippe New Member

Thanks, I was thinking I could use this in conjunction with the T10 mattercontrol touch. I'll have to figure those recipe things out.

4. Steven Stowell

Steven Stowell New Member

I put a raspberry pi in my system, added a relay connected to the arduino board, and now I issue a m81 at the end of my gcode. The m81 command shuts down the relay that has the line current to the 12 v power supply. The raspberry pi powers the arduino through the USB so it runs all the time. I also put radio buttons in the pi control software so I can remote power up or down the 12v power supply.

Sent via mental telepathy.