1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printing in Photoshop CC

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Buck Elsmore, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Buck Elsmore

Buck Elsmore New Member

I have downloaded the ROBO 3D printer profile for photoshop.

I read the READ ME and installed the profile successfully.

The issue I am experiencing is when I choose from the following PhotoShop menu:
    3D/3D Print Utilities...

I get the following message: "No USB 3D Printers Connected."

The printer is turned on and I was able to connect to it through MatterControl successfully.

Thank you for your assistance in helping me connect to Photoshop!

Attached Files:

2. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

The elephant in the room, aside from "because it is there," PS is hardly a good 3D printing application. Especially, since there are so many more others that are intended for that. Basically, PS is a photo editor that happens to do some 3D- extruding and beveling. Just as Word can do some photo editing, I would not use it for that ever. Especially with multi monitors, on multi-tasking machines?

Perhaps this would be better raise with Adobe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Buck Elsmore

Buck Elsmore New Member

I hear you GAmbrosio. It is just is very frustrating when an apparent driver is available on the Adobe website for ROBO 3D but the PS does not recognize the printer. It will only export to an .stl file but not directly to the printer. Anyway, thank you for your reply!

GAmbrosio likes this.
  4. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

Buck, maybe that's what the driver or profile does? Define the build volume, etc? Kind of like the S3D profile?

5. Buck Elsmore

Buck Elsmore New Member

As I have done much more research today is turns out you are correct. The ROBO 3D profile for PS is simply to define build volume, create rafts and supports. It good as an export function only. Not for direct printing. The clincher is PS supports direct printing with bigger named printer manufacturers. ie. Makerbot, 3D Systems, etc. That's OK. I have learned much more about my printer's functions today and I appreciate your help. :)

6. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

It figures, not surprising as Adobe was never known to support a wide gamut of products. Nikon or Canon or you're SOL. Too bad they did not have the foresight to use a generic, like RAMPS based, etc. But then again, as I originally said, there are better solutions out there anyway.