1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Print location is different from what is shown in mattercontrol

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by invinciblegod, Apr 5, 2016.

1. invinciblegod

invinciblegod New Member

I don't know if this is a problem but the print location is different than what is shown on mattercontrol. As can be seen from the file, it is offset. Is this something that need adjusting, and if so, how (I could not find out anywhere)? Also, is the whole bed heated or only the square portion?

Attached Files:

2. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I don't trip about the software locations since it is based on arbitrary factors. If your bed is somehow a little off due to the kids in Bangladesh forgetting to add enough torque :) or whatever, you may be slightly off the theoretical specs. My printer is off about two inches up front and two inches from the back. I don't think Robo miked the dimensions to the letter. I could be wrong, though :)

I think when they claimed "fully assembled and calibrated" they mean "we put it together and it seems good enough- hey it printed a ellipse, didn't it?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The white square printed on the glass has no basis in reality. Nothing to worry about.

GAmbrosio likes this.
  4. invinciblegod

invinciblegod New Member

So I assume that means the square does not indicate the heated portion. Is the whole bed heated?

5. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I think anything on the bed has little basis on reality. My glass says, "Robo 3D R1"- I have the R1+...

6. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

If you flip the bed over, it is secured only by magnets, you will see what is actually heated.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep. Make your own marking if you care, the marks on the glass are meaningless.

8. Trama

Trama Member

I moved the center of the bed location in the y direction in my slicer to compensate for it since some prints fell of the heated portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Falling off the heated portion is not uncommon for the Robo in all versions since the heater only covers about 2/3's of the build surface. It is not the entire cork area that is taped onto the bottom of the bed.

10. greif07

greif07 New Member

I'm not using MatterControl.. but under Settings and Controls > Printer > Print Area, you should see 228 x 254 for dimensions and 114 x 127 for the print center. If you haven't changed it then it should be all good and homing based on those dimensions.