1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PLA Microcenter Inland PLA

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by WheresWaldo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. aenea22980

aenea22980 New Member

Hah! That's awesome! I never really thought about that, so you leave just the bottom open so the bed can slide in and out? My current project the model pieces are big, 6"x6"x5" high usually, so the bed would slide out too much probably. But this gave me an idea of how perhaps I can make a simple enclosure with chipboard, I have a lot of that. I'll have to get out the cover again, I was working on mechanical upgrades last year, took it off, and never bother reattaching it. My Robo looks so hodgepodged together, I have blue painter's tape holding the print head cables in place :)

2. jediknight0

jediknight0 Active Member

Yes, the foil is loose at the bottom (front & back) so the bed can slide. In the back the foil ends at bed height, in the front there's a lip of foil that overhangs.

At 6 x 6 x 5, yeah this solution wouldn't work so well but something could be cobbled together like you said.

Time to get creative! ;-)

3. DavidTheNerd

DavidTheNerd New Member

I should inform you all that I do have and use gold pla by inland. I have a printrbot as well as my r1 plues and ive found it likes gluestick and a high temp or else it truley is crap. However, it is so far my only filament that has never jammed so just be very patient with it, it is possible you are not using it correctly. ( I print at 210 C with it or even 215 first layer)