1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved In what ways is a robo different from a prusa i3?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by robocad, Apr 5, 2016.

1. robocad

robocad Member

I'm currently using a prusa i3 that i built from kit as my first 3d printer, it features an self de-leveling bed, auto unscrew on a number of key joints, high quality wobbly z-axis threaded rods which ensure that the x axis is always at 184-196 degree tilt, and a hotend mount that upon contact with anything allows the hotend to get pushed out of the way.

Looking at the barebones of the robo it seems as if the design is identical, if i drop $800 on one i dont want to end up with the same experience, in what ways does the robo ensure that the bed remains level, screws dont come loose in its operation, the z-axis rods are straight and keep the x axis level, the belts remain tight, and that the hotend remains firmly seated even when it runs into something?

2. Trama

Trama Member

They all need a little tweaking and proper maintenance to make sure they stay in square. Especially the X axis along the z axis. Once I had it squared up it stayed that way. All the glass beds have a little warping to them hence the need for the auto level procedure. I have crashed my hotend into bad prints many times and have never had a Issue with it moving. I can honestly say I have not had any screws come loose during a print however if they weren't properly tightened initially I could see it happening. Most of the problems I have come across have either been software related (depends on the slicer) and user related (beginner learning curve for 3D printing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk