1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Hi from SC!

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Kristin B, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kristin B

Kristin B New Member

Just wanted to say a quick, "Hi, y'all!" because I just joined the forum (dang that z-axis offset adjustment for making me admit that I need help!). I got my Robo 3D 1+ a couple of weeks ago, and am still figuring things out. So far I've printed a lot of pointless fun stuff and a phone stand that is actually useful (woo hoo for the $800 phone stand!). It's my first foray into 3D printing, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get set up.

I will say it was bumpy start as my printer arrived completely nonfunctional because the assembly on the threaded rod on one side was completely off of the brass nut and it tried to print several inches off of the plate. It was a big hassle to figure out how to fix it, because as it was my first 3d printer of course I didn't KNOW what was wrong at first. Oh well - at least it gave me a quick reminder that tinkering is still the name of the game with these machines. I've got it mostly under control now (except for needing a slight z-axis offset corrected), and am pleased with it so far.

Geof and MChrisP1 like this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Someone from the Palmetto state, hello from the Tarheel state.

Welcome to our version of purgatory. If you have a bit of patience and can explain or provide pictures (we like pictures) of issues you are having, I don't think you will find a more helpful group of users on the net (well maybe Printrbot people are close).

Kristin B and MChrisP1 like this.
  3. MChrisP1

MChrisP1 Member

Welcome from Maryland Kristin! This is a good group, and as Waldo states, very helpful. I'm about a month into this as well.

Happy printing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristin B likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

welcome.

Kristin B likes this.
  5. Kristin B

Kristin B New Member

Thanks, everyone! :)

6. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

Weird. Mine had some orange things to keep the Z-axis from screwing up in shipping. Even so I still had to tweak Z a little to get the automatic bed leveling doing its thing properly. Welcome to the club, I've only had a Robo for a few days but I've had an on again off again Delta for several months.