1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Help!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cbrown, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Cbrown

Cbrown Member

I just had to unclog hotend because I had a knot in my spool. My LCD controller know comes up and says MINTEMP. How do I fix this?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the wiring to the thermistor.
    Apparently it is open or shorted (I forget which--although open circuit is mintemp I think).

3. Cbrown

Cbrown Member

I know the red if it moves to much it says MAXTEMP. I checked the black wires and nothing moved.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

then one of the wires to the thermistor has a bad connection or (maybe) the thermistor itself is cracked.
    Probably a loose connection.

5. Cbrown

Cbrown Member

When heated I can move the red connection but when it's not you can't. It looks like the black connection is not all the way in but since I can't heat it to move it how can I fix this?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Pictures? I don't get what you are saying.
    The thermistor is held in by the rubber boot on the R1, the R1+ has a setscrew I think. In either case the wires from it run all the way back to the RAMPS board. Probably loose where the wire attaches to the thermistor leads.

7. Cbrown

Cbrown Member

You are right about the set screw I just cannot turn the screw. It looks like the head is stripped.

The two connections move easy when it's heated but do not budge when it's not.

Attached Files:

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The black wires are the thermistor and the red wires are the heater core.
    Under warranty you should be talking to the Robo tech support folks, this needs replacement.

Only suggestion I have is to (very carefully) try to tighten the set screw a little with the hotend hot.
    The fact that it triggers MINTEMP though sounds more like a bad connection to the thermistor (or the thermistor itself is faulty).

Cbrown likes this.
  9. Cbrown

Cbrown Member

I have talked to them over the phone and have scheduled a Skype conference this evening. Thank you!