1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered *READ ME* My ROBO doesn't auto level correctly!? FAQ

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ben R, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waran Karp

Waran Karp New Member

I double checked the magnets. they are nice and strong and yes Flush. But the shims are a good idea.

I want to be sure that the X carriage is not messed up. I am glad that the switches are not causing any trouble here.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I had done the bed conversion on my original beta to match the R1 and before adding the autoleveling I also had to shim some of the corners to manually level it. Since adding auto leveling I have left the shims in place :) The current version of autoleveling works better if it does not have a lot to adjust so the more level the bed is initially the better.

3. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

After an autolevel, my printhead is dragging across the bed, to the center. Once printing begins it's ok and flying at the right height. What can I do to get the printer to raise up the head after the autolevel but before the print starts.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Initial Z offset needs to be increased.
    Adjust the values for the M565 command in the startup GCode.
    More negative -> further from the bed:

G28 ; home all axes
    M565 Z-1.0 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism
    G29 ; run auto-level

5. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

Got it, thanks! I upgraded MC and it lost my Gcode setting.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. Robert Walker

Robert Walker New Member

ok when i adjusted the ofset it gave me a -.14 but its still printing on the glas and scraping off the bed adheshive. Am i doing something incorectly?

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Maybe -1.4? Somewhere in between? (-0.14 is really small) You need to experiment.
    Make sure the software you are using initializes the autoleveling in the startup (G29) after doing the M565

8. Robert Walker

Robert Walker New Member

im using the matter control i downloaded from the website and i realize it is small thats why i questioned it but that where it touches the paper. how do i know if it is intializing? the 9 point autoleveling is being done. i moved the hot end to the middle of the glass should i have left it in the home position?

9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

?
    I am not sure I understand touches the paper.

You should run a small test print with the offset at the default of -1.0 and then adjust it from there until it looks like this:

https://printedsolid.com/blogs/news/tagged/first-layer

Attached is a one layer model to test with. Size it to fit the bed and print/adjust/print until it is correct and remember that number.

Attached Files:

10. Robert Walker

Robert Walker New Member

an excellent article i have a delta which i shim but i change z height on the machine itsself with its firm wear. this is a bit new to me and im not sure im doing this correctly as im at -3 mm and it still is scraping the glass. im inserting new values. in the setting on Matter control the printer settings where it say size and cordinates

11. 3D Printer Man

Try another slicer(cura, repitier)

12. IvanFediv

IvanFediv New Member

hi everyone. I have a problem with my printer. It's starting to print well but after a quarter on the inch up a printing head falls into the print (or not going up fast enough). And one more, is it right that Z axis moves up and down when Y-axis is in progres (does it meen thatprinting is going on the angle?) Thanks for any help

13. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@IvanFediv if you start a troubleshooting thread with information on your printer we can start the troubleshooting with you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.