1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone tried promotheus hotends? Or can recommend something besides e3d?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by robocad, Apr 12, 2016.

1. robocad

robocad Member

My e3dv6 broke after a week of using it, the thermistor is shot. I got it from an official e3d distrubitor but they are being dicks and telling me to go buy another one, so im done with e3d. Also i didnt appreciate the painful thermistor assembly and installation which took over an hour to finish and could have been done by the manufacturer in seconds.

I am printing petg but want to do abrasives like wood/metal fill so im looking at steel hotends, anyone tried the prometheus v2 or can recommend one buy a company with good quality/service?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

I have had the prometheous v2 for about 6 months or so. I really like it. I print place, abs and the t-glase. I have had no issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

A pity too since the E3D units are top notch.
    However given where they are located (UK) if you are not local you are going to have to go through a distributor or spend a lot of time waiting for units to ship.

Sadly I can't recommend any others myself (having not used them) maybe someone else has experience with some of them. The prometheus I knew about since the thread was active on here when it was introduced. You could always go with a J-Head. Some of those are pretty decent units I have heard, but the only one I have used is the one that came with the Beta originally.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Save your e3d thermistor issues. Hit up www.printedsolid.com m3 stud thermistor. I think it might get you back on the wagon

6. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Geof likes this.
  7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Strange you'd blame the E3D nozzle because the thermistor broke. A Prometheus nozzle has just as much chance of breaking a thermistor.

I agree with the others. You should use Printed Solid for all E3D parts

Geof likes this.