1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Something crazy just happened with my Robo 3D Plus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cuda70, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Paul M

Paul M New Member

I lost Communication with my Robo R1 Plus Yesturday in the middle of a print, Couldn't figure out if it was a software issue or the cable connected to the Robo R1+ from my laptop. I will try uninstalling software and reinstalling hoping this solves the issue.

2. Vonjet

Vonjet New Member

I just got my second new RoboR1+ and it has stopped printing 2x now in 8hrs into a 12hr print. Different parts. I am printing off the SD card though and not sure if that is the issue. When I find it stopped the extruder and bed are still on but I find the nozzle in some random area off the part. (doesn't go home)

Paul M likes this.
  3. Paul M

Paul M New Member

@Vonjet I found my printer stopped in the middle of a print, until yesturday in the two weeks i have had it, it was the first time i had this issue.
    Yesturday was also the first day i connected my Matter Control Touch, and it rebooted itself during the print, stopping the print and losing communication during the process. reconnected it to my laptop and 2nd print in and printer stopped again in a different spot, wondering if its a software problem.

I had planned to uninstall software and reinstall then attempt to using a SD Card hoping that would solve the problem, but i see you still have the same problem.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The advantage to printing from the SD card is that you eliminate USB communications issues causing prints to fail.
    The disadvantage is that you often loose error reporting as well.

All I can suggest is to check the GCode console log (where the printer communications is reported) and see if there are any errors (you will likely need to export this and search the entire log).

Paul M likes this.
  5. Cuda70

Cuda70 New Member

Well i am not returning it as i like how it prints i have tried several programs and they are unable to locate the printer so i purchased a new board from ROBO 3D they sent me the extra hot end i bought but not the board although the charged me for both. After two weeks and several emails and phone calls to Robo about the missing board i have yet to have anybody respond back.; THIS LACK OF RESPONSE FROM A COMPANY IS TRULY A INSULT TO THERE CUSTOMERS. THEY ARE SAYING HAPPY TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT YOUR NOT OUR TIME TO TALK WITH.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Heh, way back when it was just the beta it took them a year to respond to me :) Seriously. One. Year.
    Of course, by then I had already (with the help of the forum) moved beyond the issue.

The good news is all of the parts are available at Amazon (or similar) for cheap. Still, under warranty they need to be taking care of business. @Harry

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Try setting up an appointment with a tech to see if they can get you an answer.

Glad to hear your keeping it, they are good printers though do require good mechanics (us users).

My assumption of why you didn't get the board would be a back order issue. Silly question.. Have you tried a different cable ?

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Cuda70 does the board blink green when you plug in? There is a "reset" button on the board, might be worth a press

9. Cuda70

Cuda70 New Member

Hurray there is light at the end of the tunnel Robo has finally shipped out my board so in a few days i should be back in operation if nothing else went bad I AM SO HAPPY

Geof likes this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear !!!

11. dbvanhorn

dbvanhorn Active Member

I am suddenly having a problem with the Z axis that sounds similar.
    Printing under MC, I was having problems with Z increasing normally then for whatever reason going back down to the bed and even trying to go below the bed (!) I installed cura, and had the same problem with that. Manually controlling the printer in MC results in the proper motion every time.
    I am nearly done with the cal cube now, which seems to be going normally.

I am starting to suspect something wrong with a stepper driver circuit, though what the failure mode would be is puzzling.
    I've never seen.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Please start a new thread for your problem.