1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First test of FLEKS 3D build plate kit

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Bil Forshey, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Burncycle

Burncycle New Member

So I've been using the fleks3d plates for about 3 weeks now and have had no trouble, other than my own user error mistakes, such as auto leveling while still hot...
    I'm still on the first plate, and while it has some burn holes in the 9 points of auto level, it still works just fine. I even had my z offset a little too low at first, so it fused some of the filament into the plate itself, but again, it has caused me no problems as far as printing things goes. I figure I'll use this first plate as my "mistakes and learning" plate, and start using the 2nd one once I've worked with it enough to know what I'm doing.

2. Etan15

Etan15 Member

That is good. I am using Kapton tape and have not had a bad print in over 2 weeks.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

3. cosber

cosber Active Member

I purchased the plate a couple weeks ago, haven't had a chance to use it yet, but when I opened the package, the plates were slightly scratched and the frame had 1/4 of the tape removed. There was no double sided tape (unless I'm supposed to supply the tape). It sure looked like a used package. I emailed them and never heard a thing. Everyone likes it so I guess I just had some bad luck with the company. Still, since they ignored my email, I won't be going back or recommending them to anyone.

4. digitalsolo

digitalsolo New Member

That seems to be a common thread; the product isn't bad (though some have better luck than others) but the company certainly doesn't seem to be particularly effective at customer support.

5. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

FYI you won't have these kind of non responsive problems, from Wayne at PrintinZ and the Zebra plate. Hes very helpful reply's very fast.

6. Bruce Jenkins

Bruce Jenkins Member

Geof and Burncycle like this.
  7. Etan15

Etan15 Member

Hey all,

I received an email from Fleks3D today in regards to my inquiry about the warped plates. They refunded my money. It took a little bit but at least they resolved it in the end. I really hate to bad mouth anyone and I am a capitalist at heart and would like to see them succeed.

Just wanted everyone to know.

Burncycle likes this.
  8. Burncycle

Burncycle New Member

Thanks Etan15, as much as I've been reading from others, I was beginning to think Fleks3D was getting a bad rep just based on customer service and a faulty product.
    It's worked great for me, and has definitely been a learning experience, so I'm happy over all.
    I'm glad you were able to get your situation resolved as well.
    You should check out the other post where we discuss another alternative to the fleks3d system, where we discuss how easy it is to make an almost exact replica of the plate for somewhere along the price of $7.

9. KTMDirtFace

Mine has been working great on my new R1+ my year old R1 has zebra skin on it right now which also works great.

Something weird, which may be un-related but I was originally printing with -1.2 z offset with NO bed heat in simplify3d. for some reason now I have to print with -0.9 Z offset..but now I'm using bed heat. -0.9 is about what I use with no plates at all just plain glass so it makes sense. I'm wondering it changes as it gets heat applied to it. Its pretty weird. But it works great as long as I fiddle and get the Z offset right.

10. aliedholm

aliedholm New Member

After feeling abandoned by Fleks3D I received an email from them saying that they had discovered issues in their latest manufacturing run of 10x10 plates. They offered to refund my money or replace the plates when their next run shows up in May. I opted for the replacement plates. I will try to update when/if they arrive.

Andy

KTMDirtFace likes this.
  11. KTMDirtFace

What I really like about my Fleks over my Zebra plate is the mounting frame. Its so easy to pop the plate out.

My zebra plate works great too but I basically never remove it because i have to go get the binder clip handles that I removed for clearance and unclip it.

12. 3D Printer Man

Thanks for the info

13. Terry Taylor

Terry Taylor New Member

I was at the Bay Area Maker Faire yesterday and BuildTak was showing a new product that should be available in limited sizes by the end of the month. It is a steel plate that goes on your print bed and a magnetic BuildTak surface. When done printing, you just remove the printing sheet and flex to remove the part.

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

That sounds similar to the gecko plate i have.

15. cosber

cosber Active Member

How long ago did you write them? I haven't heard a thing. It's been exactly a month. I guess I'll try again.

16. Etan15

Etan15 Member

They replied about 4 weeks after my initial email to them.

17. KTMDirtFace

4 weeks? damn that sucks. I like my Fleks3d so far but that kind of ridiculous for what I assume is probably a fairly small userbase of customers.

PrintinZ and PrintedSolid reply within about 4 hours..if that..Unless they are asleep lol.

I'm using my Fleks on one machine now and either Plain glass or the Zebra Plate on my other one. ( I have a hard time getting orange ESUN PETG to stick to plain or even glass with glue..so I bust the zebra plate out for that )

Geof likes this.
  18. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

4 weeks would be unacceptable to me.....4 days is darn near there lol. Sorry to hear of your troubles with them. Youd figure theyd be faster to respond considering tge large amounts of build plate manufacturers

19. aliedholm

aliedholm New Member

So, update on my build plates situation. I received a new kit from them as promised. I have them installed and they are working great.

20. Etan15

Etan15 Member

I am happy you guys have it working.

I gave gone the route of Kapton tape and have not looked back. Added an E3d hotend as well.