1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Print quality question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SlowMN, Apr 26, 2016.

1. SlowMN

SlowMN New Member

Hello.

Is anyone able to tell me why I am getting areas on my print like this (see the picture - bottom left corner)?

The remainder of the print is fine; however, this occurs on many of the prints (not in the same area) but not all.

I am using Hatchbox PLA 1.75mm filament (210C/50C) - standard settings in MatterControl for medium print quality

Attached Files:

#1 SlowMN, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  2. usafitz

usafitz Member

Is this the first layer. If so, are you using any techniques for making it stick to the glass? I use hair spray and it works flawlessly.

Otherwise, maybe calibrate the extruder ?

3. SlowMN

SlowMN New Member

This is the layer on top of the raft. I looked at the rafts when I detached them and they look fine (all symmetric).

I use a glue stick to attach the print and never had any issue with it sticking. It is strange to me it only happens in a single location and never in a consistent area.

4. robocad

robocad Member

It looks like filament is sticking to the nozzle on a move, the spot you are seeing is where it stops its circuit and starts over again, with multiple repeat layers this would be more evident. Try lowering your extrusion multiplier as the rest of your print seems overextruded.

5. SlowMN

SlowMN New Member

Thanks for the advice. Any recommendations how how to adjust the multiplier (ie: by what amount is a good starting point). I haven't even messed with it before.

6. robocad

robocad Member

well 1x means nothing has changed, try 0.8 (80%) and go from there.

7. SlowMN

SlowMN New Member

Ok I will give it a shot and let you know. Thanks!