1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved No power / power supply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hazrd, May 7, 2016.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

2. Thomas

Thomas Member

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I have that one and it works great but holy cow does that thing have a loud fan lol. Im going to pull it apart and get a quieter fan

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. PJ Geez

PJ Geez New Member

Old thread, but some late news.
    When I first read this thread I thought the worse of my suddenly-dying R1+. I went all the way in and opened the power supply, but it was ok. I checked voltages and actually only the mains fuse was blown. Off to Home Depot and it is back working again.
    However, I heeded the information in this thread and ordered up an authentic MegaWatt power supply for $60 on ebay.
    Running these 3D printers takes its toll - buying up extras, dismantling, etc. getting to be a real job(!)

By the way, I believe the source of the problem is trying to print from the SD card using MatterControl 2.0. There is something different in that GCode than when I print from my computer. It caused the head to stall, I think, and I am glad that the mains fuse was all that was wrong, so far.

Geof likes this.