1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

KTMDirtFace's Robo3d

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by KTMDirtFace, May 19, 2015.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

I finally got around to trying that Cooskin screen protector as a bed surface. Yea PETG does not stick to it. I can print PETG on plain old glass but it doesn't want to stick to the cooskin protector. I have not tried other filaments.. I also have not tried adding gluestick on top of the screen protector...kinda defeats the purpose of having it other than I guess it would prevent glass chipping.

Just and FYI.. anyway was only $13

2. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Tempered glass one I have works perfect. 5-6 rolls of petg so far and not one scratch or chip. But I have to use hairspray for petg Pla sticks fine but petg for some reason will not stick with clean glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KTMDirtFace

PETG on plain glass needs like a really perfect Z offset.. and possibly a raft. But it will stick. Gluestick/hairspray definitely makes life easier.

4. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

On plain glass I have no problems. Well it sticks to well and pulls chunks out of my bed. The glass I was referring to is the tempered glass screen protector that's on my bed now. It needs hairspray to stick.

5. KTMDirtFace

Oh I see. well maybe I will try that. I have never printed anything very large in PETG on my plain glass bed so never had any chips or superstuck problems.

#105 KTMDirtFace, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. KTMDirtFace

Haha nope don't buy that screen protector I had. I put glue stick down.. the print almost stuck but it actually started peeling off thin layers of the screen protector. ( Yes I removed the protective film lol )

Back to plain glass.

7. 3D Printer Man

Thanks, I'll print them after, I fix my printer.

8. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Can't use glue stick only hair spray works on the screen protector

9. 3D Printer Man

Which printer Makerbot or ROBO?

10. KTMDirtFace

A couple prints, on my robo3d R1 with lead screw update, and Titan extruder, and e3dV6.

All printed in PrintinZ PLA/PHA ( way stronger than pla, prints really nice I'm liking it a lot ).. Not that these parts ( fridge magenets basically ) need strength but its good stuff and made in the USA..

FYI I paid for everything myself from PrintinZ, exept the zebra skin. But Wayne the owner is great to deal with. I bought this filament myself to try, and its fantastic... by the way it sticks REALLY well to everything...its the best sticking material to a bed surface I have ever used. Its actually rediculus on anything but glass+glue stick. Sticks crazy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Also my simple titan mount is chugging along with no issues, its fantastic.

#110 KTMDirtFace, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  11. KTMDirtFace

Not sure what you were referring to. I sold my replicator2. But i'm not sure which thing you were refering to in your question

12. KTMDirtFace

Sold R1+ to Geof, Still have my original R1 here.

Been getting it back up to speed.

Titan + e3DV6, on Yogi's titan mount.

Aluminum Bed, and now a sheet of Lexan on top and no bed heater. It works great!

I followed @Bruce Jenkins thread here http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...d-type-build-plate-no-glue-no-hairspray.8372/

So far its working fantastic, Honestly I can't tell the diffrence between it and my Fleks3D system other than I can get a sheet for cheaper, and large enough to cover the bed and not have to use their mount system that has some issues.

I will have to try a long, solid big print to see if it can withstand the warpage. ( Flex3d can, exept the entire plate warps up out of its holder usually unless you clamp it down )

Just printed this out to add Diversity to my Fat Shark Attitude V3 FPV goggles. Printed in PLAPHA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Printing another now but in Esun Black PETG
    [​IMG]

mark tomlinson and WheresWaldo like this.
  13. KTMDirtFace

My auto level is STILL acting a fool.

Unless i print small things in the middle it get wildy diffent print heights from left to right on the bed .. this is nothing new its always been like that on both robo3ds I owned..

Now I'm working on printing a mount for Jims IR sensor, printing it on my Select Mini though because the robo is just being crazy with the bed leveling. ( AKA one side hardly sticks the other side basically drags the nozzle into the bed.. this is nothing new Had this issue with the robo bed leveling on both of my printers )

Hope to get the IR sensor mounted this week and will try mesh leveling once it is on.

14. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

X has to still be manually close to level or the stock ABL algorithm will not work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

15. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Why aren't you using MESH?

I am going to keep hammering you until you do. I think I will get @danzca6 to nag at you too!

Also once you modify Yogi's mount to accept @jim3Dbot's sensor, please post it here. I still need to configure mine and install the Titan extruder.

Geof likes this.
  16. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think @danzca6 has the IR installed and I know he use to have the Titan in there, he may have a mount with both?

17. KTMDirtFace

Yea yea its on my list :)

I will post IR mount for yogi's thing, it will probably end up clipping on the front like the fans ducts he made ( I only have one fan on the back ). I tried to use the little T slot things to fab something up but they are just too small to print anything that slots into them well.

18. KTMDirtFace

My robo got the Mini IR installed, still not using mesh leveling LOL.

But it works better than ever.

Printed a stupid fidget spinner out ( PETG ), mostly to see if the bearings would fit and how the tolerances were.

Worked awesome! used the old shit bearings from when my robo had a the stock gregs wade extruder. Bearings and nubbins fit right in, auto leveling with the IR sensor works great.

Pretty happy now, printers been kinda a PITA latley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mark tomlinson, Geof and WheresWaldo like this.
  19. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I almost didn't hit the Like button since you are still not using MESH

KTMDirtFace, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  20. KTMDirtFace

IR Sensors working great, printed some bs fidget spiinners just to test most of the bed out. Its all pretty even.

[​IMG]

I did have to print a long skinny part with a raft the other day, probably because i have no bed heater, and it was warping on me.

mark tomlinson likes this.