1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Print head going too low during larger prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by darcangeloel, May 16, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

My android phone and pictures dont eork on our forum so i use my ipad lol i never tried to figure out why haha.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I dont have an r1 but i believe they did have a max temp that was low like 245, but im not certain. If you go with a lite v6 i wouldnt change that. If you go with a full on v6 id def change it :) dont want to over heat the lite

3. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

4. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Now thats an enclosure lol. Id remove your elextronixs boards to avoid over heating them. They already need a fan lol but damn thats nice. Looks like you already have a controller on your r1 very nice.

6. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

Finally someone who cares haha which board arw you referring to? Youll laugh but my wife hates chemicals so much she made me put it in the garage. Then she said she could still smell it so I built the enclosure and used a 10 dollar bathroom fan and I vent everything out the cat door in my garage. The suction is so strong I had to redirect some of the air back into the case and add another case opening so the soor wouldn't flex. I think its 30 cubic inches? In parts was only about 130. Do not go to home depot they will rip you off. I got everything cut to order and picked up locally from a company called piedmont plastics. It took a while to build but i was very happy with the results :) does the picture of the rods help at all?

#46 darcangeloel, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes it does you absolutely have an r1 lol. Ok some people have done the stabilizers but if you arnt getting print defects i wouldnt worry about it.

Edit: the reason for the licture is it gets super confusing to the point ive heard of people buying an r1 and getting a r1+ and the other way around too lol. Just wanted to be positive

The boards id worry about overheating are on the bottom of the robo. They are the brains. 2 boards togather where your lcd plugged in. Ive heard horror.stories of shortened life when in an enclosure but i dont know this for a fact (i talked my lady into a deal of ill print you anything you want but my printers go in this room. Lol)

8. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

Haha.. yeah she wasn't down with it no matter what lol. Hmm I do wonder though about the boards life being shortened I live in Virginia and it gets super hot in the summer. I guess I could only use it at night lol. Ty for the advice. Most of my prints have come out stellar. Thanks for all the advice. One last question. Do you guys recommend the lead screw upgrade? Also any other ideas or pointers for my enclosure? Let me know if you think I should do a guide on building one. It was suprisingly simple once I got the parts :). One thing I might want to add one day is a filter and maybe even move back inside lol. Also ty for the comment on the lcd :) it was 12 shipped on amazon. Mark helped answer some questions had on it before I bought it.

9. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

Also any idea what that white shit coming from the bearing is? It shipped to me like that from robo

10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lol i could wrote a book about all the things marks taught me. Awesome guy for helping us all out.

My enclosurr is the room its in lol. 65 all year round no air movement on the printers and a dehumidifier that runs balls out all day and night lol. I think yours looks awesome, only mod is moving the boards but i honestly dont know if its that big of a factor. Mark would know better.

If your getting good prints i wouldnt bother with the lead scew :)

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I cant see the white stuff

12. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

If you print in ABS or Nylon how does your so/gf/wife/we react? I dod that once and she was like um hell no get that out of the house hahaha. Maybe a dehumidifier add on could help I bet if I turn the exhast fan on that would screw up any progress it made lol

13. darcangeloel

darcangeloel Member

Its on the top of the linear bearing it almost looks like that tape you use when you jnstall a new shower head near the top where the threads are. I think its called teflon tape or something like that.

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I still cant see it lol. Im not sure what it would be but it may be a normal thing on the r1

15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I shut the door lol she likes some like the wood fill.that smell like a wood burner and nylon isnt an issue and i dont use abs anymore.lol

Either way with the door shut she doesnt much care. She loves the robo though lol she picked it out haha

16. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

It should be written in every box: "Warning: Man skills required.<not sexist> buyers should know how to use a screw driver, calipers, needle nose pliers, dikes, soldering iron, understand basic electronics, at least understand Ohms, basic plastic composition, know how to bend plastic without breaking it, computer and software understanding, mechanical principles, CAD, and a whole lot of patience. Mambi pambis need not apply,"

Geof likes this.
  17. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

White shit=likely lithium grease ;)

Geof likes this.
  18. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You forgot ample supply of non-repetitive curses.