1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Hot end clog. How do I remove and uncloge

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rob40855, May 18, 2016.

1. Rob40855

Rob40855 New Member

Ok so I have the Robo 3D R1 plus. It has the all metal end. I got some black ABS filament in and shortly after its acting clogged. I have had to remove filament and it seems to get stuck. It wont extrude and the "wheel" eats into the filament. Based on what I have read its a clog however on mine I dont see two screws on the side to take off the extruder. If someone can point me where to go or to a video showing how to take it off it would be greatly appreciated. Iv only had this for a month or two so its probably the newest version. There does not seem to be two screws on the side where it will take it off. I have unclogged it a time or two with pliers getting the filament out from the top but I believe its the hot end tip thats causing the back up every time so any instructions on how to clean that out too would be really helpful.

Also a time or two it started trying to print to high up and was extruding some. could it be that the nozzle is just to far down on the bed and if so how can I ensure that its starting out at the right height? I have reset everything I could think of and haven't messed with he EEPROM settings.

Please any help would be great.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there ! Your screws are on the bottom of your carriage that holds the hotend between the rear fan and hotend is one phillips screw. You dont need to mess with that one but on the other side towards the robo lettering (front) youll find the 2nd one. Loosen that screw and slide the pull tab (black plastic) on the right side of the hotend out and bam ths hotend will fall out

Ill need to know more of where the jam is to help with unjamming (technicalogical term lol)

#2 Geof, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Jocra likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If it prints off the bed its the limit switches on the sides of your x axis

4. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

You will need to heat up the extruder to get a jam out. It goes without mention, hopefully, it will be hades hot so don't use your hands to hold it to get leverage as you pull it out- like I did. BTW, toothpaste works well on 1st degree burns, just putting out there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  5. Jocra

Jocra New Member

Thanks a lot, that´s work to me.