1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Build plate calibration noise when hitting the end

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by NaughtyGarfield, May 21, 2016.

1. NaughtyGarfield

Man.. My printer died yesterday after a successful print because it was a tall vase and the wire got tangled into the Z screws and the printer will no longer go down and it will only go up. So after trying various way to fix the issue, I had no choice but to exchange my printer.

However this printer every time it calibrate the build plate before printing will make noise when it hits the end that my other printer never did. Is there a way I can tell the Matter Control not to go that far when calibrating so it doesn't kill the motor or the gears?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/

Docs are there.

For most slicers/software once you define the build area the program will show you or tell you when your model is too large.
    I can't speak for mattercontrol, but others like Simplify3D will mark sections of the model in RED that are outside the print area.

NaughtyGarfield likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

You might have something blocking the bed travel so make sure no wires or cables or anything is getting in the way. Particularly under the bed.

NaughtyGarfield likes this.
  4. NaughtyGarfield

Hello Mark,

I will have to check the below the bed like you said to make sure there is no wires or cables. However I remember on my old printer, it only happens when I do manual control of the Y and it will make that noise when it's at the end of the bed.. It seems the Robo3D Y has only one switch on the back end as I can hear it click, but not the front to tell them they hit the end..

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Correct. You can manually drive the printer past the end of the bed.
    It will not do that when sliced because the slicer knows how big it can go.
    You can manually drive it against the end all day. It only has 'HOME' switches... endstops are calculated.

Geof likes this.
  6. 3D Printer Man

I had th
    I had this problem too!

7. NaughtyGarfield

How did you fixed it? Where you using Matter Control?

8. NaughtyGarfield

Mark, you are good!! It was the wire that's stuck when moving and once I freed the wires, everything is normal now.. Thanks again for all your help!!

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.