1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved PLA delamination/layers not binding(infill and bottom layers)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Electonic, May 17, 2016.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is not generically happening (and specifically not always at that height) we can rule out a mechanical issue.
    It might just be a bad model. Have you run it through Netfab or Azure repair tools?

2. Electonic

Electonic Member

Next print I will slow down everything, as well as making the extruder temperature 190-195c. Right now I have it at 200c with most speeds at 70mm/s except for the first layer, which is at 30mm/s. the top/bottom is at 60mm/s

3. Electonic

Electonic Member

I have not(run it through some model fixer). On that print, the top/bottom speed wat at 45mm/s ant the outer/inner shell and infill were at 70mm/s, So I thought that since speeding up the shells and infill made a difference(in a good way), that I would try speeding up the top and bottom shells, to see if that would in turn make the sides look nice. The top/bottom speed is not the first layer speed, right?. The top/bottom speed is basically another shell, except on the top and bottoms instead of the sides.

#83 Electonic, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
  4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Well, I guess it depends on how the slicer deals with it. Your bottom layer IS your first layer :)
    The top is not.

Some treat the top/bottom special and some like a regular shell...although almost all of them allow you to define special conditions/settings for the first layer.

Electonic likes this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

cura is like french lol I use to speak it but now I've moved on to something else.

In s3d I can tell it to slowdown for layer under certain amount of time. I think your printing to quickly on those small letters

GAmbrosio and Electonic like this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Yea, I was just going to forewarn you I haven't used Cura in ... a coons age.
    I can't remember how it deals with that. S3D has a lot more knobs to turn and buttons to push if you need them.
    (you don't HAVE to change the settings, but they are there).

Electonic likes this.
  7. Electonic

Electonic Member

wow! 150 dollars for a slicing software? is it worth it?

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I really like it. I switched 6 months in and don't greet penny of it.

GAmbrosio likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I would buy it again in a heartbeat if I knew then what I know now.

Yep, not cheap. Lifetime license and I think your license is for 2 or 3 instances at a time (for example 2 machines)

It is handy since our printing machine is not anybody's main PC. We can have a copy on a real machine for testing and the printer machine for printing.

We got our license with v1... it is now v3 and only gotten better. Lifetime license rocks.

GAmbrosio likes this.
  10. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I'd buy it again just for the fact that I can use my fingers and don't have to reach for dikes to remove supports. Heck to the yeah. I tried all the freebies, even the one that someone here almost dubbed as the S3D killer; Craftware. Nope. S3D and nothing. Paid $699 for my R1+, I figure another $150 to make things that much better is worth the dough.

I wrote a review, which my procrastinating butt needs to revise kinda bagging on S3D- but that's because I was ignorant about what the real power of the software is. I think Mark just mentioned the reason we would pay 150 again if needed, there's just somethings you can do with free. Free s#1t is nice, but if you paid for something it, someone else gets paid and that's one heckuva motivator. Just like if I volunteer to build a network. Sure there will be a decent network , but pay me my hourly rate? It would be one heckuva network! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

A friend once told me as I was telling him about the $1 steak tacos from the truck..."man I am hesitant to eat something that only cost a $1 to make..." Free? It is like that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.
  12. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

I notice that it is stringing a tad. That usually means it is too hot. 50 mm/s at 190 for PLA usually works for me here at the temperate Northern California/ Bay Area. I am trying out a spool of eSun Pro PLA, recommended extrusion temp is 205, but it sucks at 205. It does not extrude at 190, so I am at 198 right now and see if that works.

Geof likes this.
  13. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ppla runs very odd for me. 200 ish seems to be the money spot. A little clean up but not terrible.

14. Electonic

Electonic Member

Yeah, This looks great! I tried to pull it off before I was supposed to. I read somewhere that it said to wait till the bed drops to less that 25c is that a good guideline?

Attached Files:

Geof likes this.
  15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey that looks great! Personally i never let me bed cool down lol i use a plastic scraper and go.to town lol. Flat objects are the hardest to get off. If you can wait sometimes they will pop off on their own.

My poor robo cant slow down she runs every hour im home lol

Electonic likes this.
  16. Electonic

Electonic Member

I'll print some other things just to make sure, but THIS. IS. SOLVED!! I switch the title to solved when I'm 100% sure. I'm at around 85%-90% right now.
    and
    Thanks for your help and recommendations guys!

17. 3D Printer Man

Hey, make sure the bed it fully leveled, I had some issues with adhesion,I fixed it and it is good. I also had this problem before.

18. Electonic

Electonic Member

I have gotten it to be .4mm off at maximum! the autoleveling software can take care of the rest. Thanks for your input.

Geof likes this.
  19. 3D Printer Man

Maybe it is the speed/temperatureature that you print at.

Electonic likes this.
  20. Electonic

Electonic Member

So, everything works fine, except I have these lines on the side of things I print. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attached Files:

• Cube.jpg
      Cube.jpg
      File size:
      390.1 KB
      Views: