1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved New Ramps board, looks different

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by lichaem69, May 26, 2016.

1. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

So my board broke, and i bought a new one from robo3d. It arrived, but it did not work, so i skyped with one of their employees, who said it was probably a bad ramp, so he sent me a new one pretty quickly, but the new ramps he sent me look different from the one i bought. I had to rewire D9 to a different connection that was near the LED connections, but the new board has D9 back to it's old spot, but now has the green connection, while D10 appears to need to be rewired to connect to it. I also cannot find where my other fan connects to. If someone can link me to where I can see how to wire my ramps, i would greatly appreciate it. Robo3d's appointment schedule is kinda booked up, and I am not really free the times they are available.

Below is a picture of my new ramp.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I wish they would warn people that the RAMPS they sell is the modified one specific to the R1+ wiring harness.

@Harry can you bring this up with whoever does their store to get the description fixed?

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Its a bear to go from the r1+ board to the generic going generic to r1+ board would cost you more in connectors to make it work.

5. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

well my original ramps and board died, so i spent the $75 bucks on a new board already, this new ramps was a replacement for the new ramps that i got.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Parts fan goes to F0 on your new board

8. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

now on F0 there are 4 pins, which two pins do i connect the fan too, and are d8 d9 and d10 the same connections, just because when i got the second ramps board i had to splice a connection for D9, but the new board has D10 as a different connection.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you share a large photo of your board ?

10. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Like I said in the earlier post you need to reverse what @Geof did in the thread I referenced. He has all of the connectors detailed and with pictures.

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Assuming you get this working then please document it in a thread next to the one Geof did so other folks can do the conversion as well.

12. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

0vS3S3V.jpg

I will try my best to take pictures when i assemble this, and give any detail I can,

#12 lichaem69, May 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I embedded the image for you.

You are right they have move the connector a little. Looks like the rotated it 90 degrees.

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok i see a confusion. F0 was a 2 pin connector and it appears now its multiple pins. I have both boards ar home. I can give it a look and offer input in a few hours. I dont want to lead you wrong by guessing.

15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok so my hotend fan on both ramps goes to f0...a 2 pin connector with a silkscreen marking that says + and -. The parts fans are by aux 3 and it is 2 sets of 2 pins that say fan1 and fan2 with + on the silkscreen.

Im not sure what to make of yours and the picture is very hard to see whats going on. Best guess is hook the fan up. If its the hotend fan it should.run immediately when powered. If it doesnt flip the wires and see if it runs. They wont run when plugged in backwards in most cases. If they do run backwards it blows backwards :).

If this doesnt help upload a bunch of clear pictures

16. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

The board on my R1+ was bad as well, it was under warranty so I Skyped with Brian at Robo and they sent me a new ramps and Arduino. That to was bad, so Mark Tomlinson and Geof told me about the ramps AND Arduino package from Amazon. I bought the package and just replaced the Arduino first and my existing ramps just plugged right in and worked like a charm, no rewiring.

sent from my Samsung Note 5 using Tapatalk

#16 aznhlfan, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Geof likes this.
  17. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

18. TomerO

TomerO Member

Geof remember that you asked for pictures to doc my different board? That is it.

If you are still having trouble understanding what goes where I might open my printer and give it a look

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.
  19. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Geof likes this.
  20. lichaem69

lichaem69 Member

Well I may an appointment, and robo3d tech support skyped me, and show me a diagram on how everything connects (fans connect left of the giant yellow things), but my new ramps didn't work, so we removed one of the stepper motors, and the board started working, so a bad stepper made my ramps not work. Thank you to everyone who responded, and attempted to help me.

TomerO, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.