1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PETG suggestions?

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by TylerJ, Feb 21, 2016.

1. 3D Printer Man

Thanks man looking in too it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. RD Ghost

RD Ghost Member

I have had so much trouble with this stuff most of it is getting it to stick to the bed. I have to set my extrusion multiplayer to 1.10 to get it to stick. The first time I got it to print was with a .fff file i got from this thread with a extrusion multiplayer of 1.15 but reading up on this everyone say set extrusion multiplayer below 1.00 for the best print. My test 20x20x20 test cube was off by 0.75 or so.

3. RD Ghost

RD Ghost Member

So apparently I can print a 3 test objects pretty good but I can't get anything else to print right. I'm starting to think there's something wrong with my printer. Try using a raft because I can't get it to stick to the platform but the raft doesn't print right. If anyone has a working .FFF file for simplify3d that I could try I would greatly appreciate it. I have included my .fff file i used for the rest prints in the picture below.

Attached Files:

#83 RD Ghost, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  4. RD Ghost

RD Ghost Member

I hade to up the extrusion multiplayer back to 1.15 the print bed is now 90 and I still hade to force down two parts of the frist layer. This is how my last print.

P.s. I use glue stick but I still have problems keeping layer one down dose hair spray work better?

Attached Files:

5. WADZOQUADZ

WADZOQUADZ Member

Yes hairspray works 1000% better. Its really the only thing you need. My prints perfect.Almost too good ,sometimes a little hard to get off. Very hard to get off if still hot. I gotta wait for it to cool some before even attempting it. Make sure to use Aquanet extra super hold hairspray which has the right chemical makeup needed. I honestly dont know why anybody uses anything else. Iv tried all different types of bed adhesion and theres nothing that comes close to hairspray on a glass bed , not even PEI sheets imo

Kevin G Eccles and Geof like this.
  6. RD Ghost

RD Ghost Member

So I have White and Black eSun PETG the black works way better at 1.00 extender multiplayer with the temp down to 245-240. White PETG for me at lest needs temp 250 and 1.10-1.15 extender multiplayer for good flow.