1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Dear Oz . For Sale One kickstarter Robo3d Printer, for sale.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OMG Really!, May 27, 2016.

1. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

I have an original printer, kinda.
    I play with it every 6 months or so trying one more time for a clean, crisp easy print. Still waiting. !!! I am over it.

In fact I have approx 1.5 printers with several replacement and upgrade parts has meant I have a printer then some.

I have stuffed up another blocked extruder/hot end E3D but apart from that it is a working printer with lots of extras. All the amendments are official, ie recommended and/or soursed from Robo3d

If it interest you let me know - No idea how much it is worth to you. I reckon $5000 for all my frustration :), or something less that what I paid for it new.

Over to you.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Best of luck on your sale

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You might do better if you clarify what you mean by "original printer".
    Is this a beta (from Kickstarter) an R1 or an R1+?

Geof likes this.
  4. 3D Printer Man

Try linking it to Amazon, or ebay.

5. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

thanks Tom. I have been a little vague because that is the circumstance. yes IT IS A KICKSTARTER , why my 'original' reference however with all the changes at Robo3D direction/recommendation it does not look like a Beta. Eg., it has the auto- leveling upgrade & and a new flatwire simpler heatbed and so on. I have all the original parts still, as extras as well as a ton of filament. In addition China sneaked in a bit of inferior cable hidden under shrink wrap when I first got it - this melted down so I have replacement Arduino and motors - So, a heap of change, a heap of extras. On Matter Control the firmware is R1&R1+ I want a dumbed down, automated printer that is perfect every time I blink (if that exists) my hobby of playing Printer engineer/mechanic is finished.

Anyone want to offer a suggestion of what they think a fair or cheapish price might be. I do not want to give it away yet ( would consider a real charity organisation but the printer will need some tinkering),

:)

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Seeing as how they sell r1 reman for 400.00 with a warranty... you may want to list it at 300 and see where you get kicked to. Id buy it but my offer wouldnt be fair as shipping to the states would be unreal im sure and its currently not functioning. Shoot me a pm if you want to talk more but ebay seems to have alot of viewers watching robos. Might be worth considering.

7. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

thanks Geoff Yes postage is a killer inclusive of printer frame. Robo3d died we when it realised in its kickstarter release that expressing it to me cost something not far off $300.... To clarify the printer does work more or less. It logs in and COntrols work, it has auto-lelvel and other updates (still requires external PC/laptop) and does print. My issue,that kind of last straw issue , wasblocked extruders and getting auto-level to work well. My original hotend kept blocking so bought a E3D, but that blocked just as much - researching I read that there was an inherent problem with the early E3D, so bought another shorter which worked well once then blocked and the auto-level was not quite correct.......... I effectively 'stuffed' the E3D trying to unblock it. Brainwave after 2 E3Ds.... maybe my filament is too old - decaying, unwrapped for many months exposed to light and air. Whatever the local issue I am over guessing wrong - not enough mechanic DNA.

f I cannot sell it complete I might consider sections of it which makes size/cost more effective.

Apologies for prattling on!!! :)

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No worries. Pity about the problems. I hope with PLA you were at least using an oiler. All of the all metal hotends are clog prone with PLA... just tha nature of the filament type.

Geof likes this.
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No apologies needed. I sent you a pm.