1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Broken Thermistor For Hexagon Hotend

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3D Printer Man, May 29, 2016.

1. 3D Printer Man

But they cant order replacements or really do much. And i am not a beginner so I dont really talk to them a lot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. 3D Printer Man

Probably going to be fixed by next week!

3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I've worked for over 20 years in many forms of tech support. I have learned to be very patient with vendors, end users and other support staff. Patience is a grown up thing that sometimes is hard to learn. Once learned and mastered patience is quite handy.

I watched your video too. I have to say you do seem a bit... energetic and although skillfully done, you have quite a pile of parts to put back together. I have had a similar issue with thermister and clogs/jams and so far have had no need to tear down the machine to the level you have. Not being critical just saying I was impressed with the tear down.

I have been helped twice now by tech support and before the holiday I was taken care of in less than 24 hours both times. The issue I have now is one I am waiting until tuesday to expect a reply to my cry for help. Other here on the forum have given me EXCELLENT assistance in trouble shooting and I hope they don't get tired of my issues before I reach the top of the learning curve!

By the way, what attracted me to Robo was the fact it is open source and people find it so easy to work on themselves. I'd hate to have to send it in to get fixed. In your video you mention a few "cons" that you feel should be addressed. Maybe so but most everything you mentioned can be upgraded ourselves which I'm certain is great for keeping the cost down on the initial purchase. Just my 2 cents. I've only got a couple of weeks experience with the machine so far but I'm enjoying it.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  4. 3D Printer Man

Well yeah I agree, with tech support is hard, but they could improve 24/7 support to like replacements/ everything. And sorry, "con" meant like things to be improved.

5. Rigmarol

Waiting can be frustrating but time marches on and we'll all get through it.

6. 3D Printer Man

We just bought a hexagon replacement.

7. Rigmarol

I'll probably do the upgrade too but I'll wait until after the warranty expires.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Always best to use up that free warranty :)

In regards to the tech support i work on million dollar digital print equipment (paper not plastic ;-) )

Even our vendors dont have fully tech trained after hours support. More of a here is someone to talk to until the a squad gets in. You cant ship anything until the next day anyway so unless its a user error and dont need parts there isnt a whole lot you can do.

Rigmarol likes this.
  9. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Just watched part of your video.. I'm sorry you glued your new bed to the y axis. I tried to tell you in a private message when you asked. I said to put the magnets in the Y axis and a SMALL amount of glue so that you can set the bet on top. All I can guess is you had some glue spillage? sorry about that.

Also no home depot wont sell much of anything you can use for your 3d printer. if You have a Radio Shack ( which are going away these days not even sure I have one here anymore ) .."might" have something electronic your printer could use.

As for the robo3d tech support. I only called them once. I get all my problems solved here on this forum unless I cant...however my second robo3d came with a broken glass bed out of the box, I called tech support and waited like 30 minutes on hold, just to have him tell me "Go to the website and request a new bed" So yea that was annoying. But I had a new bed within a few days. It was just annoying that I spent 30 minutes waiting just to have a guy tell me to go online and fill the form out. In my opinion I wated that long the guy on the phone should have been able to handle that.

#49 KTMDirtFace, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The difference between support and customer service. :)
    The latter they are still lacking. Even a message that plays while you are on hold "if you need a broken part replaced order it via the website"

Geof likes this.
  11. 3D Printer Man

That is want I am saying, support is bad

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk