1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Cura Bed Leveling Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Acclamator777, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

I'm having issues with the start of a print. I am using the latest cura software. When the slicer program runs bed leveling X and Y axis are off. I have a crude drawing as to what is happening. Any thoughts as to how this can be fixed?

upload_2016-6-6_23-12-10.png

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Something is blocking the printer head or bed from travelling during the autoleveling.
    Lift the bed and move it back and forth to be certain nothing is blocking (like a wire/cable bundle).

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

4. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

Nothing is blocking the printer head or bed that I can see. I watched the first video as you suggested and it's as if my bed leveling sequence starts off in the wrong position. Shouldn't it start at the left front then move to the front middle then front right as in the video? My printer starts the sequence in the middle of the bed. Maybe something in the start G-Code?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I would suggest making sure that it works correctly in another slicer/host program.

7. Acclamator777

Acclamator777 New Member

The sequence does work in matter control and my prints do come out good in cura. It's just that the bed leveling sequence starts off in the wrong position. I'll take a look around the site you suggeted. Thanks for the help.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Sorry I can't be more specific on Cura. The fact that it tries to do the bed leveling means that you must have the startup GCode correctly set for bed leveling and this is in no way related to the Z offset so... it must be a slicer specific goof up.

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

When i used cura it would always start auto level.by probing the middle then do the 9 points. It worked well and caused no issues. Im sure it could be changed to match matter control but i never messed with it.