1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura 2.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Software' started by danzca6, Apr 18, 2016.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

So @danzca6 are you going to download it and modify the settings to work with the Robo?

3. danzca6

I think I will download it to my laptop and give it a go. I don't want to mess up my main machine. The features look pretty good for us non-S3D folks. I'll report back on how it goes. First I had heard of it.

4. danzca6

Well looks like they have a limited list of printers supported. I was hoping they would have a custom option I could use to setup the Robo. I did just a Prusa i3 to look at it and it is very nice. I'll keep my eye out for when they add more printers or give us a way to custom create the printer like they do now.

cura 21.gif

5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Look here:
    Capture.PNG

6. danzca6

Of course. You just add a .json file for it under machines. Well that works. I will play with that. Thanks WW

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

How about this too:
    Capture2.PNG

Platform may not be in the exact spot, so you can play with it a bit if you need too. I can send you the STEP file. But it is from @Mike Kelly and is just a merge of the bed and Y axis.

Attached Files:

Kirk Yount likes this.
  8. hphaseAZ

hphaseAZ New Member

Here are the files needed to get Cura 2.1.1 Beta working. Drop the robo3dr1_platform.stl into meshes folder and robo3dr1.json into machines folder. restart program and add printer. You should see the Robo 3D R1 under other. On mac it's Show Package Contents, /Applications/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/cura and you will see the meshes and machines folder. I could use some help with the json file. I think it still needs some work to print correctly. I take no credit for any of this. just copied and pasted others work.

Attached Files:

#8 hphaseAZ, Jun 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  9. hphaseAZ

hphaseAZ New Member

10. Etan15

Etan15 Member

Thought you might find this interesting if you are a Cura user.

I found a Cura release by a company called "Type A Machine" and the software is call "Cura Type A" It looks very similar to Cura 15.04 but there is an additional option for infill that allows you to select several types of infill. And the infill can be controlled by selecting the spacing in mm.

upload_2016-6-12_23-2-13.png

Jonathan Wegner likes this.
  11. Scifideity

Scifideity Member

Thanks for putting these files together. :) The only thing I think i see that needs tweaking in the .json file is the height should be 210 right? not 228.

hphaseAZ likes this.