1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Overextruded layers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hp0106, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, it is not very consistent... it has to be a combination of minor issues.

2. Hp0106

Hp0106 Member

image.jpeg I decided to take my hot end out to fully clear it and make sure there was no partial blockage causing inconsistent extrusion. But I can't seem to get it out of the quick release. Does anyone know how to get it out without causing damage? It's really wedged in there.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

With the top of the greg wade on there it will just come out. It is tight but it will be harder with the top off

4. Hp0106

Hp0106 Member

I tried that at first but couldn't get it to budge. I wil reassemble it and try again. I'm guessing it's just as tight when the quick release goes back on?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Its snug unless something wierd happened like the extruder fan (small on on the side) quite running and melted it to the plate but that thing is so loud youd notice it off. You can remove the 2nd screw and take the assembly off togather... it may be easier that way since its already apart.

6. Hp0106

Hp0106 Member

Hey everybody
    I know this thread has been dead for a while but I have an update to the problem I thought I fixed an I wasn't sure if I should post a new thread or not. My strange layers are directly related to speed. I can print a part beautifully at 45mm/s, but it looks like my first picture at anything slower than that. I have no idea what this means. Any help is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.