1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Pay it forward 3D style

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Central Utah 3D, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Central Utah 3D

Central Utah 3D New Member

"Pay it forward". It's the simple idea that you do something for someone, anonymously with a simple request that they pay the good deed forward at some point as well.

I've found a way to do that 3D printed style. ROBO comes with a message in a bottle design. Bottle is hollow, during the print, you drop a note in it, then it seals up as it finishes printing.

I made some little "lucky coin" tokens that I print. Then put a note telling whoever finds the bottle that it's been printed on a 3D printer, along with a $20 bill in it. I suggest they keep one "lucky coin" and the 20, then give away the other two lucky coins, and pay it forward somehow in the future.

On the bottle I write "message in a bottle, break me open" and randomly leave it someplace (on top of the gas pump, on a park bench, on a flower planter on a street).

Every time I do it, I seem to get the $20 or more back in a way I didn't expect. Here's the next bottle ready to go be placed somewhere.

:)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Have to love technology.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

That's a great story and a fun idea. I thought you were going to geocache it as a St Patrick's day pot-o-gold.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Very cool use of the printer

4. Central Utah 3D

Central Utah 3D New Member

Guy I work with said I need to put the "lucky coins" in the geocache's with a note saying they are 3D printed.