1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Partially clogged nozzle and replacement nozzle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lasse Knudsen, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Greetings,

I have what i suspect is a partially clogged nozzle, i can push filament through but its not as easy as im used to, and, as i want to fix this reasonably fast can i use mk8 nozzles on a stock robo3d R1 plus? And is there any difference bestween steel and the brass ones?

thank you
    Lasse

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No,you need a hexagon or E3D compatible nozzle.
    I assume you do actually mean just the nozzle (the brass part).
    MK8 nozzles are not the same.

The only difference between brass and stainless steel is that the stainless is slightly harder. The hardened steel nozzles (not stainless) are more appropriate for materials like CF, Brassfill, WoodFIll, Stainless Steel filament, Magnetic Iron filament,etc. Because they will not wear nearly as quickly.

3. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Thank you Mark,

Now i just need to figure out what socket to use, none of the ones i tried, 7mm, 8mm seemed to fit, do i need to fit it while its cold, or do i need to use a generic wrench?

-lasse

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I just used a pair of adjustable wrenches.
    I know @Geof has mentioned the exact sizes before let's see if he will chime in. :)

You always should loosen and tighten the nozzle while it is hot. You do not need to torque it a lot while tightening, just make sure you snug it in while hot and it should be fine.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

You cant use a socket. It must be an open end wrench. 7mm and i think the heater block is a 16. A small crecent wrench or pair of channel locks will work on the heater block as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.