1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Marlin Firmware Upgrade 1.1.0 RC8 & RCBugFix (For R1 & R1+PLUS)

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by WheresWaldo, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

New features to look for:
    • Add Print Job Timer and Print Counter (PRINTCOUNTER)
    • New M600 Filament Change (FILAMENT_CHANGE_FEATURE)
    • New G12 Nozzle Clean (NOZZLE_CLEAN_FEATURE)
    • New G27 Nozzle Park (NOZZLE_PARK_FEATURE)
    • Add support for COREYZ
    • Add a new Advance Extrusion algorithm (LIN_ADVANCE)
    • Add support for inches, Fahrenheit, Kelvin units (INCH_MODE_SUPPORT, TEMPERATURE_UNITS_SUPPORT)
    • Better handling of G92 shifting of the coordinate space
    • Add Greek and Croatian languages
    • Improve the Manual (Mesh) Bed Leveling user interface
    • Add support for more boards, controllers, and probes:
      • Vellemann K8400 (BOARD_K8400)
      • RigidBot V2 (BOARD_RIGIDBOARD_V2)
      • Cartesio UI (BOARD_CNCONTROLS_12)
      • BLTouch probe sensor (BLTOUCH)
      • Viki 2 with RAMPS and MKS boards
    • Improve support for DELTA and other kinematics
    • Improve thermal management, add WATCH_BED_TEMP_PERIOD
    • Better handling of toolchange, multiple tools
    • Add support for two X steppers X_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS
    • Add support for SINGLENOZZLE, MIXING_EXTRUDER, and SWITCHING_EXTRUDER
    • Simplified probe configuration, allow usage without bed leveling
    • And much more… See the 1.1.0-RC7 Change Log for the complete list of changes.

2. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

If you are interested in what is different between the standard Marlin Firmware and what needs to be configured to make it run on a Robo R1 here is a report (in various file formats) that will show you the differences by line number. The archived file includes an HTML and UNIX diff file.

3. anngeelow81

anngeelow81 Member

Good work WheresWaldo

4. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

Things look good so far. The last configuration update was a better about getting rid of a lot of the large moves that were not needed during the ABL probing. I enabled the experimental filament change and it seems good also. Now I just have to figure out why my hexagon works sometimes and then clogs up others without any rhyme or reason. Based on feel I suspect I've developed a problem where the threaded rod between the heatsink and heater block meets the heatsink. I think it's just a coincidence that this developed around the same time I switched to RC7.

5. Alan Childs

Alan Childs New Member

Is it just me or is
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0
    still not working for auto bed levelling?

6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Alan Childs
    I stopped using auto-leveling a long time ago, so I can't answer your question, or even know what the issue is. Maybe someone else can help.

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

There are already 36 new commits to RCBugFix since RC7 so there may be issues. None that I looked at seem to affect Cartesian printers like our Robo's. I will try to stay on top of this and see what transpires over the next couple of weeks.

danzca6 likes this.
  8. WZ9V

WZ9V Active Member

Been working fine for me using 0.85 as the offset.

9. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

That variable is for setting your z offset in the firmware. If you leave this at 0 then you will need to define your offset in the starting gcode. Used to be with the M565 command, but now is the M851 command. So if you are either using the firmware variable or the gcode method and it isn't working let us know.

10. Wesotn

Wesotn New Member

Can someone link me to where i can download the full RC7 with all the other files included as well? Errors keep getting thrown up whenever i try to update it

11. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

I'm getting "#error "You must set Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_HEIGHT in your configuration."" and cannot get it to compile. I also dont know what my z-offset is supposed to be. help?

12. Wesotn

Wesotn New Member

Getting the same issue

13. danzca6

14. danzca6

Ok I compiled both the MESH and ABL for R1PLUS without any issues. Even did a search for Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_HEIGHT and didn't find it. So please verify what version you are using and that you have downloaded the most resent versions of @WheresWaldo files.

15. danzca6

Oh well....just downloaded Marlin's RC latest version and now I see what you are talking about. In Conditionals_post.h it is defined. My version is from 7/30 and the latest is 8/4. So they must have added a patch or something. Then when it is actually defined in Configuration.h that is lost with the overlay @WheresWaldo has because it isn't part of his latest. So I will play real quick and get back to you. Oh open source....how you bite us in the arse.

Code:
    //
    // Probe Raise options provide clearance for the probe to deploy, stow, and travel.
    //
    #define Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_HEIGHT 15 // Raise to make room for the probe to deploy / stow

16. danzca6

Z_PROBE_DEPLOY_HEIGHT and Z_PROBE_TRAVEL_HEIGHT are new and found in the following files including the Configuration.h. They have also done some other variable changes that means we need to do a full review of the most current build of RC7. If you can download the original RC7 build from 7/31, then you shouldn't have an issue with what WW has supplied here. Otherwise give it a bit and there will be an update to the Robo files I am sure.

Conditionals_post.h
    Marlin_main.cpp
    SanityCheck.h

17. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

This is what I am beginning to hate about the current crop of developers. Too many changes and adding of features to RC's, I will review and update the files.

18. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Here are the configuration files necessary to run Marlin 1.1.0-RC7 as of August 7th on our Robo3D R1 printers. This configuration files will not compile properly with previous versions of RC7. I have separated them out into several compressed archive files. Just download the one you need and overwrite the appropriate files within the Marlin subdirectory. You cannot use configuration files from previous versions or previous Release Candidates.

Basic steps required:
    1. Download the current RC7 zip file from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/archive/RC.zip
    2. Extract the contents to your HDD
    3. Download one of the attached files appropriate for your hardware
      RC7_ABL_R1_8-7 is for Robo R1 with 8 mm Z Axis threaded rods
      RC7_ABL_R1PLUS_8-7 is for Robo R1+PLUS and R1's upgraded with the Z-Axis lead screw upgrade kit from Robo3D
      RC7_ABL_R1-TR8_8-7 is for Robo R1's with upgraded Z Axis 3rd party lead screws
    4. Overwrite the files in the Marlin subdirectory
    5. Compile and upload to your Arduino 2540 board using the Arduino IDE
    6. Clear EEPROM memory by issuing the following two commands in terminal mode:
      M502
      M500
    7. Re-enter you Z axis offset using M851 as a positive number. M565 support is not included in this version
    Common to all these files are:
    1. Set up for Hexagon hotend
    2. Full Graphics LCD enabled
    3. EEPROM memory enabled
    4. Auto-Bed-Leveling enabled
    5. SD Card support
    6. Temperature PID tuning menu enabled
    7. Babystepping enabled
    8. Encoder reversed
    Please note that I am not one of the Marlin developers. If you have an issue with this release post here first. If it is determined that it is not a configuration issue, then you may be directed to post the issue on Marlin's GITHUB. I cannot vouch for the actual usability of these files, I can say that they do compile without errors.

jim3Dbot and Sonny's Robo3D like this.
  19. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Here are the configuration files necessary to run Marlin 1.1.0-RC7, as of August 7th, on our Robo3D R1 printers. I have separated them out into several compressed archive files. Just download the one you need and overwrite the appropriate files within the Marlin subdirectory. You cannot use configuration files from previous Marlin releases or from previous Release Candidates

Basic steps required:
    1. Download the current RC7 zip file from https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/archive/RC.zip
    2. Extract the contents to your HDD
    3. Download one of the attached files appropriate for your hardware
      RC7_MESH_R1_8-7 is for Robo R1 with 8 mm Z Axis threaded rods
      RC7_MESH_R1PLUS_8-7 is for Robo R1+PLUS and R1's upgraded with the Z-Axis lead screw upgrade kit from Robo3D
      RC7_MESH_R1-TR8_8-7 is for Robo R1's with upgraded Z Axis 3rd party lead screws
    4. Overwrite the files in the Marlin subdirectory
    5. Compile and upload to your Arduino 2540 board using the Arduino IDE
    6. Clear EEPROM memory by issuing the following two commands in terminal mode:
      M502
      M500
    7. Re-perform the MESH leveling routine and save the results.
    8. (Optional) Re-enter you Z axis offset, if needed, using G29 S4 Zn.nn where n.nn is a positive number to move further from the bed and negative to move closer. M565 support is not included in this version. This affects the entire mesh, so you usually do not need Z offset at all.
    Common to all these files are:
    1. Set up for Hexagon hotend
    2. Full Graphics LCD enabled
    3. EEPROM memory enabled
    4. MESH Bed Leveling enabled w/16 probe points
    5. MESH Bed Leveling menu enabled
    6. SD Card support
    7. Temperature PID tuning menu enabled
    8. Babystepping enabled
    9. Encoder reversed
    Please note that I am not one of the Marlin developers. If you have an issue with this release post here first. If it is determined that it is not a configuration issue, then you may be directed to post the issue on Marlin's GITHUB. I cannot guarantee success using beta firmware, I can vouch for error free compiling with these included files.

#579 WheresWaldo, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    jim3Dbot and Sonny's Robo3D like this.
  20. danzca6

Awesome job @WheresWaldo . Thank you for taking the time out of your Sunday to patch these.

anngeelow81 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.