1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Jagging on filament

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lasse Knudsen, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Greetings,
    Im sitting here with my 1 week old Robo3D, this is my 4th of these printers, and in now experincing something i have not seen before. The filament gets gnawed over, however im curious about the jaggies on the filmanet.

https://goo.gl/photos/x1wXof2HnbctVsym8

The pictures are not the best, but you can see the jaggies, and the "common" gnawed over filament.

When i push the filament through manually, i get good flow. However it feels like there is some misallignment, when trying to fit the flimanet in, somewhat like two holes that are not alligend well, but i dont really know.

-lasse

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Sorry for some reason my phone won't open your picture. So I'm guessing either your hobb bolt is bad or your tension is to tight. I would check the tension of the two screws on the back of the Greg's Wade.

3. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Thanks Danzca,
    When you talk about the two screws, do you mean the screws that are loaded with the springs.

I have included a picture, its not very clear.

-lasse

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Yes the screws with the springs. They help with tension against the filament and the hobb. If you are seeing a lot of deep teeth marks, it could be top right. If clogged you will see a big gouge where the hobb spins and eats away.

6. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I have had this happen too. For me it was a clog. The filament wasn't coming out fast enough and the hobbed bold chewed up the filament.

Another time I had not adjusted the two springed screws properly. Now I tighten them all the way until they stop then back them off about a half or quarter turn each and it works for my PLA prints just fine.

Another time, my Z was too low and I was preventing filament from coming out due to too much pressure on the build plate and it acted just like the clog did.

I'm hoping to put a quick release on it soon.

7. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Thanks for all the answers, im not sure though, i can see that filament comes though, when i press it though manually, my problems, is that i can feel that the filament is snagging on something. Normally i would just be able to push it though, without an issue.

So should i exchange the nozzle?

-lasse