1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Error MAXTEMP

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ArmoredAmir, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir New Member

Hi all I recently got a ROBO 3D R1 Plus printer and have been using it for 2 days. Today I noticed while something was printing the nozzle was bent/slanted to the left. So I grabbed my pliers and bent it back. I also installed the Smart LCD controller screen and it works and tells me Error MAXTEMP. When I try to start a print it will heat the bed and nozzle and it will start it, do all the auto leveling but then after the auto leveling it stops. I can manually extrude PLA but I just don't understand how to get rid of the error. I've read a bunch of posts and people are just buying the E3D v6 hot end. I'd rather find a way so I don't have to buy more stuff and just work with what I have.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This is an error with the thermistor. It is a tiny little component that may have gotten damaged (it is a really small glass bulb)
    It is not completely broken, but might be cracked or it might just have a loose connection or it might just not be snug up against the heater block :) The E3D uses a screw to hold it in place, the new R1+ does as well, but the R1 mostly just had them tucked up into that little black rubber boot held snug against the the heater block. If not held firmly as soon as the hotend moves around some it will drop temperature and the firmare will complain or it will short and read MAXTEMP and again the firmware will complain.

Since you have an R1+ it should be held in correctly and either got loose or cracked.

Call Robo tech support and get it replaced under warranty.

3. ArmoredAmir

ArmoredAmir New Member

Great thank you! But for some reason I just left my printer off for a bit and now its working again. There must be a 3D printing god or something.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Heh, just wait...

He will smite you for the darndest reasons :)

Geof and ArmoredAmir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.