1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Robo3D 24/7 support phone

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lasse Knudsen, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Greetings,

Is there something wrong with the 24/7 support site, i have called maybe 10 times at different times of the day, and when im not disconnected right away, then it will be disconnected after a few calls.

Can the 24/7 number not be called from outside the US?

-lasse

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Lasse,
    I can comment on the status of their support line, but are you having an issue? I'd be happy to try to help out.

3. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

I have 5 issues, with the printer recently baught. I have had 3 others, back from when they were on kickstarter.
    1. The printer skips on the Y axis after a few layers,
    2. the printer stops extruding at some point during printing.
    3. The leds are flickering, i cant give you the freqvency but its so that i notice it.
    4. The printer seems to be skipping layers( see the white print)
    5. The filament can be hard to feed though manually, its hard to explain, but when you feed the filament manually during loading, there is a lot of resistance, i get the feeling that something is not allinged right. almost as if the hotend is not hot enough for pla( i usually run at 210 for pla, but i have increased it to 216, with marginal improvement)

Attached Files:

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Have you gone through and made sure everything is tightened down and the belts are tensioned correctly? Have you made sure everything is plugged into the RAMPS securely and that the fan for the RAMPS is plugged in and working correctly? You are not the first to have issues feeding the PLA. Let me see if I can find anything about that.

Geof likes this.
  5. danzca6

Thankfully this isn't your first Robo and have some working experience with how these things are supposed to be working. I've never had issues calling Robo, but haven't had to do that in months. So maybe they are having coverage issues.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Like @danzca6 indicated this is likely a loose belt or a loose drive cog. In rare cases it can be a weak stepper driver.

Check the GCode terminal logs for any errors. Check that you have a good USB connection between the computer and printer.
    You can always test by printing from an SD Card to see if that goes away as well.
    The RAMPS overheating due to the fan not working as @danzca6 said is another common reason

Almost normal as they seem to often have BAD leds or bad connections.

With PLA this can be caused by micro clogs that come and go. Make sure you season the nozzle and try it that way. It can also just ne bad filament.

Again could be PLA doing what PLA does so if you are certain you are feeding it correctly then season it.

Geof and danzca6 like this.
  7. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I've had some trouble with phoning for help in the past. In my case the recording kept looping and wasn't giving the opportunity to leave a message.

When I was able to get through I told them about it and they seemed to be thankful for the info yet I got the feeling they knew about the issue. They are not a very big business (went there once to have them work on mine) so their phone system may not be the best. After I got ahold of them though, they were very eager to assist in any way possible.

danzca6 likes this.
  8. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

Alrighty,
    Thanks everyone, now i have something to work with. I would have preferred not having to deal with this on a new printer.
    -lasse

9. Lasse Knudsen

Lasse Knudsen Member

It seems odd, i call them, but no one picks up the phone or i get a immidiate disconnect.

-lasse

10. Rigmarol

Strange. I hope you get through. Im a belts and suspenders kind of guy and always try both phone and email then search the forum. I know i was frustrated with my new Robo as well. In my case i created all the issues myself lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

11. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

One thing on Robo's 24/7 claim...it's nonsense....

I love my Robo. We've got two in the house. And I think their customer service is great. Very responsive and you actually get to talk to a real person. That said, there is no way they are 24/7. I have tried on numerous occasions to get them on the weekends with no luck.

12. danzca6

Well, I wonder if they are rolling into the fact they have an email address into that 24/7 claim? :rolleyes:

13. danzca6

Nope, you're right it does say 24/7 hotline 18444762633

14. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Possibly. But that would mean they would actually have to respond to those emails...lol

15. danzca6

Always able to schedule an appointment as well.

16. Rigmarol

I have been to their shop and it's not a big outfit at all.
    I'd bet they have under 2 dozen employees counting everyone.
    I only saw the shop where they were moving units and there were maybe 4 guys. And I only saw 3 techs working on machines.

The office had about 10 desks but there were only 2 or 3 people at them.

I've had to call them a few times and have never had anyone pick up the phone, I've always left a message and they called me back in a day or two, longer if there was a weekend involved.

I have to give them a lot of leeway (personally) because they seem very small compared with others.

In this day and age of instant everything and society's trend to be upset and outraged by any little thing that gets in our way I personally just take a deep breath, and settle in to be patient for a few days and so far it's working for me.

17. danzca6

OK! So I put it to the test. I just called the number, pressed two for tech support and within 90 seconds I had a lovely lady answer the phone asking how she can help. So yes, they are alive and answering phones. Haha! I should have asked her if her printer was running. :p

Geof and Rigmarol like this.
  18. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

19. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

It's Monday. Try that on Sat or sun :)

20. danzca6

Challenge accepted. So I shouldn't use Braydon's cell number? Lol...I really don't have that number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.