1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Replacing plastic platform. Need advice

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tonycstech, Aug 14, 2016.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

So I guess I should buy my stock tomorrow...haha ;)

2. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

I drilled another hole for the wires to go thru as i discovered i needed it later when i was wiring everything up. That was one thing i missed.
    I also drilled different holes for the Y end switch because i use my own linear motion bed system as you can see. (its on my thingyverse, works really well)

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips @WheresWaldo . Bought a couple 12"x12"x.125" sheets from them. Got my 16%+5% discount and shipping was only $10. Just about $4 less than Amazon. If they come looking good, I will be buying more from them.

Ryan TeGantvoort likes this.
  4. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Also if you need to order a large amount of Aluminum, I just ordered over 300 lbs and the Freight Shipping cost barely varies. Once you can no longer ship via UPS (I think they cut it off around 150 lbs), the Freight Cost stays roughly the same no matter the amount. So whether I ordered 200 lbs or 500 lbs, the shipping was very close to the same (within $10-20). So we typically wait and order large amounts when possible. There are quantity discounts as well. I thought the Freight was very fast. Ordered on Thursday, had the material on Wednesday.

I have noticed minor defects like some scratches/dings during shipping, and every piece I have received is always on the long size, never the exact size you order. They have tolerances just like everyone else. But when you machine the whole piece who cares right!

danzca6 likes this.