1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Hardware error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by capecodcharlie, Aug 16, 2016.

1. capecodcharlie

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

In matter control there is something called code terminal or terminal or log and from there you can issue the commands

3. capecodcharlie

I'm at this wiki , now what do I do , Thanks

4. capecodcharlie

Well I'm a bit confused , went I print a piece I go to the MC and connect , down load a piece and print , well that's what I'd like to be able to do , I'm not sure what your telling me to do on this wiki thing ??

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The wiki is a document that walks you through how matter control works. The 3 of us don't use it so he has directed you to their instructions to be able to find the log

6. capecodcharlie

I'm in MC , IVE GONE TO OPTIONS , In there is Hardware I'll send a picture of it , is this where I can send commands ???

Attached Files:

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Click on gcode terminal it should bring up a window that allows you to type in those commands

8. capecodcharlie

Is this what I'm looking for ??

9. capecodcharlie

O K , is this where I type in the code ?? M119 , Is that what I supposed to type in on the lower space and then hit send ??. image.jpg

Attached Files:

10. capecodcharlie

Now I entered the M119 and it said end stop status , as PICTUTRED then it seems to have lowered the extruder , and keeps changing , Not sure what's going on , ??? WHere does the G28 , and G29 ,, come in , ?? Thanks image.jpg image.jpg

11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lets hold there. What are you seeing in the print after the paper leveling ?

Like what is the current problem ?

12. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

OK...now you've gone and done it...I had to reinstall MC. HAHA! Let's see if this helps. First thing I noticed, check the box on the terminal window that says Filter Output or else you get noise you don't want to deal with. M119 is a command to get current endstop status. G28 homes your X, Y, and Z axis. After it is called your nozzle is probably on the bed. G29 is the command to do the 9 point auto bed leveling.

Here is an example of my output. I checked my endstops, homed all, checked my endstops again (z is now triggered), did an auto bed leveling, and then checked my endstops one last time.

->M119

<-Reporting endstop status
    <-x_min: open
    <-y_min: open
    <-z_min: open

->G28
    <-X:95.00 Y:127.00 Z:0.00 E:0.00 Count X: 95.00 Y:127.00 Z:0.00

->M119

<-z_min: TRIGGERED

->G29

<-Bed x: 30.00 y: 20.00 z: 0.31
    <-Bed x: 125.00 y: 20.00 z: 0.01
    <-Bed x: 220.00 y: 20.00 z: -0.57
    <-Bed x: 220.00 y: 125.00 z: -0.50
    <-Bed x: 125.00 y: 125.00 z: -0.26
    <-Bed x: 30.00 y: 125.00 z: 0.43
    <-Bed x: 30.00 y: 230.00 z: 0.71
    <-Bed x: 125.00 y: 230.00 z: 0.29
    <-Bed x: 220.00 y: 230.00 z: -0.37
    <-Eqn coefficients: a: -0.01 b: 0.00 d: 0.47
    <-planeNormal x: 0.01 y: -0.00 z: 1.00

->M119

<-z_min: open

13. capecodcharlie

Oh Boy, So M119 is a command , ?? G28 is a command , and G29 , is a command , ?? So first do M119 , Then put in G28 , then G29 , see what comes up ?? But first check the box that says Filter output , and then what , does this just tell me what's they are or can you change them with this place I'm in ??. DONT mean to be stupid but this is way out of my science , Thanks

14. danzca6

this will just verify where things are at. If one of your endstops is stuck open during the execution of the G29 command, then we will see it stair stepping in the output. And if at the end the z endstop is reading wrong, then that is a concern as well. Just to get an idea of what is happening during those routines.

Just to make sure we answer @Geof. What is the actual print issue at this point? Is it that it is printing in the air? Making a first layer that isn't uniformly flat? Other?

15. capecodcharlie

Well since I did that paper test I have not printed anything , but the last thing I went to print it was printing in the air , and before that the first few things I printed were not printing the first few layers , and even those were not printing right , not really shifting layers but pretty much rough , Then it went out of control and started the air print , , I do notice that where the threaded rod goes into the coupling there is Teflon tape , and the rod does seem to move around , I did try to tighten but them were already tight , I'm keep loosing internet , there's a big old front coming threw so I might not be able to do that test , I keep breaking off and then need to redo everything , not sure if this will even get out but I'll try and then let you know the setting , Thanks

16. danzca6

Well, don't let a lightning storm do any damage...this can wait. #BeSafe

17. capecodcharlie

Ya I think I'm going to shut down now , I'll get back to you tomorrow , it's not to nice right now Thanks

18. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

19. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

Here is a little cheat sheet I found as well. Pretty handy to have laying around

20. capecodcharlie

O K , Ryan Thanks , do not know much right now , I'll leaning ,

21. capecodcharlie

image.jpg
    O K , that was a lot of fun last night , finally lost power for a good amount of time , but I had shut down ,
    First thing this morning I did a print . I do not think its bad , but I'm sure it could be better , there are pictures of it
    Next I went in and did the code research , but I do not know what I'm looking at , hope find that out from this group , I'm leaning BELEAVE it or not , There are pictures of this also , so if your doing any research at this time , Please view and let me know ,I hope the sun light does not mess with the pictures , I'll be back at home later today thanks image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg S