1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Yet another Kickstarter/crowdfunding cattle call

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JCProv, Sep 7, 2016.

1. JCProv

JCProv New Member

It's not that simple... The timing of a product launch is critical along with good word of mouth and buzz. You leave some of those things out of your control when you use crowd funding. Additionally if you have an unforeseen issue and have to return the money... Well , the pitfall of that scenario is self explanatory.
    For an established company it can signal issues in the operational process. The risk of crowd funding (for an established company) versus the reward of easy money paints a picture of desperation or at best a very aggressive and risky growth plan.
    Anyhow , that's just speculation and we may never know for sure why they're using CF again.
    I for one will stop waiting for them and start shopping for a second printer in the next couple months.

Geof likes this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Lots of great printers available

3. JCProv

JCProv New Member

I know.. I just really liked this forum and plethora of info and expert users. That was a big selling point for me when I bought my first Robo.
    Anyhow ... The search begins ... Im looking at you lulzbot

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

This forum was why I bought my r1+ as well, but I also couldn't wait so have bought 2 and built one since :) wanted a quiet printer so bought my tinkering ditto, wanted a 2nd Cartesian so I built one, wanted a 2 color but waiting for the r2 just wasn't an option anymore so bought the sigma. Glad I did the r2 isn't even going to be dual extruder anymore :-( lol

mark tomlinson likes this.