1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

News about the R2?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jediknight0, Sep 2, 2016.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We'll see. I am pretty confident the KS campaign will get them cranking on the ones listed. The stuff after that ... see what comes. It took them a long time to get from the Beta to the R1+ and longer than I expected to this point where the R2 is even on the RADAR :)

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Until a non bias reviewer gets there hands on it, then there will continue to be assumptions. Just because it is said in a video, doesn't make it gospel. They keep adding more and more info to the release and I am curious. Really wish they would release more specifics about the actual hardware than just the bells and whistles around the software gadgets that are ok, but the real interest for me is what is under the hood.

#102 danzca6, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Geof and Ryan TeGantvoort like this.
  3. danzca6

And they have expressed a few times now that the KS has nothing to do with production costs. It is just a way to give a discount to early adopters. I can respect that. I wasn't a fan of them doing a KS for production of the new lines.

4. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

I wonder if they have a different system in place for shipping. Most of the issues with the R1s, appeared when the user first received the printer, which was damaged during shipment. Or hopefully their new design eliminates some of the issues.

5. danzca6

Packaging is an art with electronics like this with precision moving parts. That will be something to see with the first deliveries.

Ryan TeGantvoort likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Ed Ferguson welcome to the forum and congrats on your r2. Throw a post in the introduction area if youd like !

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  7. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

The video counteracts absolutely nothing. Remember all of the trade shows Robo went to over the last two years claiming to have an R2 prototype that turned out to be nothing but a shell whenever someone actually looked at it?

8. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Watched the embedded facebook video ( that worked for me )

I would buy one, sounds good to me.

Ed Ferguson and Geof like this.
  9. regor

regor Member

I'm with you, sound good!

10. ROBOLabs

ROBOLabs Moderator

Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. We've worked very hard to bring our community the features it's been asking for with respect to 3D printers.

I've addressed some of these questions and concerns in the following thread:

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/robo-c2-and-robo-r2-smart-3d-printers.9295/

Ryan TeGantvoort and Geof like this.